First Ride Review: Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3

Iwan Kemp

It seems like i cant find anything to fit not even a absolute black Cannondale 3mm 34th oval ?

AB OVAL wont fit.....had the same issue....get a garbaruk 34 oval.....the design of their oval allows for less offset the bigger the ring.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like i cant find anything to fit not even a absolute black Cannondale 3mm 34th oval ?

I'm running a C-Sixx 34 tooth oval. It JUST fits.....

• 3 months later...

Temptation got the best of me and I bit on the deal CWC had on the 2018 Carbon 3... Got it for R53,999

Should hopefully have it in my hands later this upcoming week. Ive asked if they can swap out the 32T for a 34T. Will probably have to buy a 34T csixx round.

Temptation got the best of me and I bit on the deal CWC had on the 2018 Carbon 3... Got it for R53,999

Should hopefully have it in my hands later this upcoming week. Ive asked if they can swap out the 32T for a 34T. Will probably have to buy a 34T csixx round.

Excellent. Enjoy it!!

Please post pic, Chukky

Congratz, man ????

Hi. Was going to get the carbon 3 this coming weekend at cwc, but see that the price has gone back up to 68k. Don't know why, emailed for a price, just in case. If not, will have to get carbon 4. Will there be a huge difference between the two? Except the drive trains, will upgrade to eagle anyways.

Hi. Was going to get the carbon 3 this coming weekend at cwc, but see that the price has gone back up to 68k. Don't know why, emailed for a price, just in case. If not, will have to get carbon 4. Will there be a huge difference between the two? Except the drive trains, will upgrade to eagle anyways.

Weight difference

That much I know

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my bike today, after originally getting sent a Medium in error and having to send it back for the Large I requested, all is good!!

Put it all together, took the crap Ralph’s off because I think they got a puncture when I looked at them then

I put some proper rubber on!

d9e0aee7ebeb53935c6a549093c50c5f.jpg

Now I wanna go ride... as in NOW [emoji7]

3 has remote lockout on both shocks where 4 has lockout on front.

3 has carbon seatpost and bar where 4 has alu.

3 has 28 hole wheels where 4 has 32 hole.

Went with the 4. I had my wheels build over wich was 32 hole.. swopped over my drivetrain and never looked back..

Amazing bikes. Enjoy your first ride when you have decided..

Please phone Rockhopper adventures in somerset west. Speak to Corne.. he gave me the best price of all the local shops..awesome guy to deal with.

So I got my bike today, after originally getting sent a Medium in error and having to send it back for the Large I requested, all is good!!

Put it all together, took the crap Ralph’s off because I think they got a puncture when I looked at them then

I put some proper rubber on!

d9e0aee7ebeb53935c6a549093c50c5f.jpg

Now I wanna go ride... as in NOW [emoji7]

That's a lotta bike

Enjoy, chukky

Stealth baby

Hi 

I got my Scalpel si 3 last week before the Argus and will and try to test it tonight.

i am massive Spezzi fan and just hope i did not made the wrong decision, but the bike look fast and are quite exited.

i also want to swap the 32t for a 34 oval ring with the 11/46

Cool stuff