SCOTT Sports Africa bids farewell to African MTB Team

News bot

Must have something to do with that vertical shock..... somehow

Agreed, they know that results will decline now that Scott has adopted that old tech!

Not a good one. In my opinion it's coming down to pressure that the bike companies/wholesalers in South Africa are starting to feel on bike sales, and they are having to start cutting costs. The sport is really becoming expensive and is currently going in the direction of the "Elite Few" that can afford the prices and this is causing new bike sales to slow down, so companies have to cut back on the spending at the moment till the wheels starting turning again.

That's just my opinion

I agree with Buell, times are tough for every one - here is an opportunity for the pro's to ride a mid-top end bike instead of always wanting to ride the very top end high priced model - that the stores are battling to sell...

IMHO the guys could do just as well on an XT/XO spec bike as a full on XTR/XX1 Eagle group...its a mindset thing more than anything...

The bike sponsors could benefit in that they are not making a R150k + (at their cost) bike a used "ex-demo" bike that if they get R50k for they are lucky...one way to cut down the costs?

Oh wait - the pro's couldn't possibly be seen dead on a lower spec bike...