Ironman 70.3 Durban

ScottCM

Just received an sms stating that due to limited space, the race briefing will be on Facebook Live on Monday, 20 May @6pm.

and if you don't do Facebook? :thumbdown:

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I get the feeling that they never planned that any other way??  Can save a bunch on marquee hire! The Expo will be lumped into the conference venue with registration.  Nice for them to save money but still keep hiking the entrance fees!

Think it has been planned all along as when the race numbers came out a couple of weeks ago, I went on the website to look at the race schedule as am meeting friends for dinner on the Friday night and just wanted to check when race briefing was and where, so could finalise the dinner plans for afterwards.

If you look at the race schedule on the website, there was NEVER anything listed for race briefing http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/durban/athletes/race-schedule.aspx#axzz5o5zCvhhX

Prize giving and awards ceremony is in the Suncoast, rather than the marquee that it use to be in.

and if you don't do Facebook? :thumbdown:

Must say I prefer it this way. Not having to sit in a warm and humid tent for an hour+ to "listen" to a briefing about info you already have in your athletes guide, and not to mention the moerse traffic jam we had last year to get out of the parking lot.

Any tips on swimming goggles? My first pair that I bought I had no issues with. But it is scratched and nearing it's end.

I bought another more expensive pair, but the nose piece on these one's hurts me when swimming, and can't wear it for more than 20min.

Bought my 3rd pair, and they leak water in, no matter how tight or loose I adjust the straps. No I'm sitting with 2 almost new pairs, and considering doing Durban with my old pair as you can't see much in any case when swimming in the sea

Buy a pair of the Mask type goggles, much more comfortable. I think Speedo make one called the Rift Pro.

I have just bought a pair from Arena, very comfy. They don't fit in the eye sockets, but rather seal on the face, if that makes any sense.

I've just googled the Speedo goggles, and the model I was suggesting is the Rift Pro Mask.

Any tips on swimming goggles? My first pair that I bought I had no issues with. But it is scratched and nearing it's end.

I bought another more expensive pair, but the nose piece on these one's hurts me when swimming, and can't wear it for more than 20min.

Bought my 3rd pair, and they leak water in, no matter how tight or loose I adjust the straps. No I'm sitting with 2 almost new pairs, and considering doing Durban with my old pair as you can't see much in any case when swimming in the sea

TYR Special Ops goggles - mostly because of the name, and partly because they're unbelievably comfortable. 

I was going through a pair of goggles every few months because my eyelashes are long enough to wear the anti fog off the lenses. Now for training I use a pair of Aqua Sphere goggles with no anti fog (I learnt to put a drip of soap on each lenses to eliminate fogging), for racing I have two pairs one clear and one tinted. This set up has lasted me two years now.

I also always buy the ones with various nose bridge sizes to get the fit right.

TYR special ops 2.0 or nothing ! The silicon is uber comfy , I swear by them having used others I’ll never if try anything else. The transitions are cool until the tint wears off about a year of swimming caused that, I use thes for darker days now, and have a polorised darker pair for early morning swims

Hydration is integrated.

Very cool. What time are you aiming for on the bike, because this thing looks fast

The bike is very fast. It has to be, to make up for my lack of power/fitness. It is my last tri bike purchase.

Funny story, I went to Leigh’s Cycle Centre in Umhlanga to buy a puncture repair kit, and this happened instead. Birthday present from my family.