Ironman 70.3 Durban

ScottCM

The bike is very fast. It has to be, to make up for my lack of power/fitness. It is my last tri bike purchase.

Funny story, I went to Leigh’s Cycle Centre in Umhlanga to buy a puncture repair kit, and this happened instead. Birthday present from my family.

How much do you want for it? Your family, that is... ;)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, my garden is huge, I’m very privileged.

I’m a sugar cane farmer in a place called Eston - best place in the world.

By the way, sugar in moderation is not bad for you.

The real enemy is excess (of anything), and being inactive.

You guys are all welcome to come and visit sometime. Google Virginia MTB trails, and I’m next door to them.

Very cool. What time are you aiming for on the bike, because this thing looks fast

I need a fast bike because I’m a slow cyclist.

I’m aiming for 40 minute swim

3 hr bike

2hr run.

Training has gone reasonably well, 6 to 7 hours a week, but work is interfering properly these last 2 weeks.

Yup, my garden is huge, I’m very privileged.

I’m a sugar cane farmer in a place called Eston - best place in the world.

By the way, sugar in moderation is not bad for you.

The real enemy is excess (of anything), and being inactive.

You guys are all welcome to come and visit sometime. Google Virginia MTB trails, and I’m next door to them.

Yeah thats the dream, very very nice. You made the right choice.

We've run the trails around Howick/ Karkloof/ Mbona (not quite across the road but I'm sure similar kind of lush rolling hills) and they are truly beautiful. 

We need a race no. list....

Reteid - 1908

Breaker - 315

Shaper - 104

Jehosefat - 806

Wil6 - ?

Roguemeister - 327

Curbie - 1962

Shaunie_g - 725

Gurns - 1857

@ndy - 76

Reteid - 1908

Breaker - 315

Shaper - 104

Jehosefat - 806

Wil6 - ?

Roguemeister - 327

Curbie - 1962

Shaunie_g - 725

Gurns - 1857

@ndy - 76

you could add me to that list 914 looking at those numbers so far looks like hub has some big guns racing, I'll be the guy sweating blood on the run

Edited by brad890

Reteid - 1908

Breaker - 315

Shaper - 104

Jehosefat - 806

Wil6 - ?

Roguemeister - 327

Curbie - 1962

Shaunie_g - 725

Gurns - 1857

@ndy - 76

# 821

Will also be my first. Hardest I have trained for anything in my life - to date.

Just snapped my RD hanger on my Cervelo P3 on this morning's ride!!  Doesn't look like I will get a replacement frame in time as this frame, the hanger is part of the frame so cannot just replace the hanger.

So going to have to do the bike leg on my road bike..... should be interesting!

Decision made for me it seems.  As this will be my 10th 70.3, am going to just enjoy it rather than race it !!

Hey guys! Antonio from Italy here, BIB# 80

I'll be in Durban on tuesday 28...wishing it will be a triathlon and not a duathlon, anybody can suggest a swimming pool to do some training not far from the venue?

Hey guys! Antonio from Italy here, BIB# 80

I'll be in Durban on tuesday 28...wishing it will be a triathlon and not a duathlon, anybody can suggest a swimming pool to do some training not far from the venue?

Hi Antonio. Rachel Finlayson Pool is a municipal pool right on the beachfront with training lanes; Kings Park Pool is also a municipal pool near the beachfront but 2-3km north.

Others may provide insight on access to Virgin Active (private gym) pools...

Hi Antonio. Rachel Finlayson Pool is a municipal pool right on the beachfront with training lanes; Kings Park Pool is also a municipal pool near the beachfront but 2-3km north.

Others may provide insight on access to Virgin Active (private gym) pools...

Fantastic! thanks a lot!

Just snapped my RD hanger on my Cervelo P3 on this morning's ride!!  Doesn't look like I will get a replacement frame in time as this frame, the hanger is part of the frame so cannot just replace the hanger.

Decision made for me it seems.  As this will be my 10th 70.3, am going to just enjoy it rather than race it !!

Thats a real ball-ache, sorry man. 

Jeez that's bad luck. But luckily it was not during the race. 

I had a good last hard weekend of training (15km total run, 80km bike, 1900m swim) and did my first 10k in two months yesterday(had a calf strain). Luckily it was pain free. So I'm super stocked about this. 

Main focus now is not to get sick, and to start with tapering

For those who want to let family and friends know on the likes of social media that they are racing, you can create your own bib :)

http://www.daveblohm.com/bibs/

On race briefing this evening IMSA say they have tested the water on, North beach, South beach and where we are swimming and water quality is good.... so we are going to be swimming!!

Edited by shaper