Review: BMC Teamelite 01 XT

Nick

The engineer behind the BMC Teamelite 01 is a bold man. The soft tail era of mountain biking in the early 90s is generally looked back on with ridicule but a lot has changed in the last twenty years. So is the time right for soft tail to ride again? I was eager to find out with the BMC Teamelite 01 XT.

Click here to view the article

what colours does it come in. DEFINITELY going to need a couple of these bikes in different colours, if only to add a bit of variation from day to day. I mean, at that price, it's a bargain! Right guys? guys?.... 

I think someone from the bike industry(Trek, Spaz, Cannodale, BMC) should come explain the cost of bikes, every component is mass produced except the frame, companies buy components in bulk and yet the bicycles cost more than many cars....? just curious

Awesome bike - terrible value proposition.

I love the super clean lines and ability to "juuust take the edges off" but would certainly not pay that kinda money for it.

Much better value out there.

Yet, the S-Works Epic HT costs the same, if not more, and nobody complains about that.

Yes, there are better value out there, but only if you look at Giant etc.

for roughly the same Randelas..... know which one I will take.

https://www.canyon.com/en/mtb/exceed/exceed-cf-slx-9-9-pro-race.html

Im a huge CANYON fan, i already own their previous hardtail and want to replace the frame now but for the same price of frames(SPAZ, BMC, SCOTT) i can buy a full suspension carbon canyon bike.....its crazy. I keep getting quotes for other brands and just cant justify buying a frame for the same price as a new bike.......

R71k... Yeah. Ok. I'd rather take about R8k, order one of these Chinese frames, build my parts over, and get a similar effect.

HTB1.rfaNpXXXXXkXVXXq6xXFXXXT.jpg?size=3

HTB12VuWNpXXXXcRaXXXq6xXFXXXs.jpg?size=7

curious about this though!!!