The Pyrenees - Road, MTB & Enduro Riding, Trail Building, Iconic GT Climbs & Nearby Attractions....

Bonus

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to Angel from Zona Zero this week and he told me that last Saturdays "La Batalla Del Inframundo" was a huge success!

I couldn't ride but we did pop in to the registration on Friday evening up at the Ainsa Castle and it looked great. The race was well organised and well subscribed. I helped clear some of the route earlier in the year. I'm glad it went well. Hopefully it will become an annual event and next year I'll have a go!

There are so many different types of terrain around Ainsa :-)

A typical ride can contain Fire roads, Jeep tack, Single track, Grassy fields, through some Forest, across the odd dry river bed or stream along the top of a Ridge and, if you really want to . . . . riding down boulders!

I tend not to do the "Boulder" thing myself, but lots of people do . . . .

post-4874-0-26734100-1507530378_thumb.jpg

A phone was found by someone out on one of the trails used for the Zona Zero "Inframundo" race the other weekend. They handed it in to the Tourist Information Office in Ainsa and now it has been reunited with the person that lost it.

Firstly, it's cool that it was spotted - dropped "somewhere" on the 66km long route!

Secondly, it's cool that it was handed in.

I do love this community we live in here in Spain.

:-)

post-4874-0-49533200-1507705401_thumb.jpg

There are so many different types of terrain around Ainsa :-)

A typical ride can contain Fire roads, Jeep tack, Single track, Grassy fields, through some Forest, across the odd dry river bed or stream along the top of a Ridge and, if you really want to . . . . riding down boulders!

I tend not to do the "Boulder" thing myself, but lots of people do . . . .

Hey, that's BKXC.

A phone was found by someone out on one of the trails used for the Zona Zero "Inframundo" race the other weekend. They handed it in to the Tourist Information Office in Ainsa and now it has been reunited with the person that lost it.

Firstly, it's cool that it was spotted - dropped "somewhere" on the 66km long route!

Secondly, it's cool that it was handed in.

I do love this community we live in here in Spain.

:-)

That would also happen here if found by a MTBer on any of our trails...................

Hey, that's BKXC.

Those guys are straaaaaaange.

Seth is rad, but Alex and this BKXC guy...it's weird seeing a group ride with everyone in it talking into their cameras for their "viewers". 

Those guys are straaaaaaange.

Seth is rad, but Alex and this BKXC guy...it's weird seeing a group ride with everyone in it talking into their cameras for their "viewers". 

I subscribe to all three on YouTube and usually watch all of Seth's videos, but will only watch one of the other two's videos every once in a while. Not really my thing to watch every video. 

I subscribe to all three on YouTube and usually watch all of Seth's videos, but will only watch one of the other two's videos every once in a while. Not really my thing to watch every video. 

Same.  Seth is the OG.

That would also happen here if found by a MTBer on any of our trails...................

I remember stuff often being handed in at NF and Heia when I use to ride there. It's nice :-)

Going to do a bit of exploring today. Will try out a few trails & routes I haven't ridden before.

After all that brick laying you need a trail ride to put a smile back on your face.........[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After all that brick laying you need a trail ride to put a smile back on your face.........[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It always works

• 2 weeks later...

(This is a really big deal for us so I'm putting it here AND on our "Big Adventure . . . " thread.)

This is fantastic news for us - partly because we are Roadies as well as MTB'ers and partly from a business point of view. Opening up the area to allow Roadies to enjoy it as much as the Dirty Riders already do is a great move!

*********************************************************************************************

There are only a few weeks left until the new Zona Zero initiative comes into being!

ZONA ZERO ROAD - A project dedicated to the road bicycle . . .

After many months of work and thanks to the selfless help of a few local volunteers, without whom it would have been impossible to make any progress with this project, on the weekend of November 17-19 we will welcome "Zona Zero Road" - a project that is dedicated to the road bicycle and reaffirms the position of the region of Sobrarbe as a world center for cycling tourism.

A total of 13 routes (with many variants) will allow the lovers of the "skinny wheels" to explore Sobrarbe and its surrounding areas, but this time by road.

Taking in many towns within the Sobrabe and neighbouring regions, the valleys of Añisclo & Ordesa, or those of Chistau & Pineta are just some of the routes proposed in the Pyrenean region. The route to Alquézar passes through Biello Sobrarbe and the villages and canyons of the of the Sierra de Guara.Natural Park.

There is also a Spanish/French "cross-border collaboration" with plans for routes that cross the Pyrenees to join the Aure and Louron valleys, where you will find some of the most mythical climbs of le Tour de France, including the Col de Peyresourde, Col d'Aspin, Tourmalet and Col d'Aze.

The routes will be presented on the Zona Zero website www.bttpirineo.com with illustrative photos, maps, profiles as well as a route summary and the average gradients of the climbs.

The Route Profiles have a design that is very similar to those used for the stages of le Tour de France and have been made, just like the maps, using the free Route Editor on the "www.cronoescalada.com" website - to whom we are especially grateful for their help!

Next year will see the installation of route signs, the publication of leaflets and brochures and an upload to the web of the exhaustive profiles of each mountain climb. . . . .