Group rides on a Sunday morning starting in Noordhoek / Fish Hoek

deonscheppel

Hi there

Recently moved house from Southern Suburbs Cape Town to Noordhoek. I am keen to join up with some like minded people for road cycling / training rides on weekends. Due to kid commitments probably mostly Sunday early morning rides on the road (but may be some Saturdays). Would also be keen for some MTBing from time to time.

Are there any  groups in Noordhoek / Fish Hoek / South Peninsula or even Tokai that someone could recommend and provide content details? Key is I am after a group that starts out this side...

I train to keep fit, but often also enter road races and triathlons (so also interested if there are any triathlon run and swim groups starting from the South Peninsula on weekends). NOt a beginner but need to build up fitness a little as have been off cycling for a few months with house move / work etc.

Thanks very much all

Deon

Hey Deon, PM me your phone number. We quite often pass through noordhoek on our way through to cape point from Hout Bay. You are welcome to join us. I also quite often do the wa pad, but I haven't been going recently as it hasn't been safe to go alone.

Otherwise, there are a lot of cyclists that stop at the farmstall for a coffee. Maybe ask if you can jump on the back of a group that stops by.

• 4 months later...

Hi Michael and Deon

I am also based in the Fish Hoek, Noordhoek area.

I started riding with an awesome bunch of guys but found the pace a little slow and am looking for new groups and people to join and ride with.

Make no mistake I am no speed demon, I only average around 23km/h on road currently, I guess slicks on my bike would help lol!

That being said I am getting fitter quite quickly,have only been riding for a short time.

Mast tar road time is 33min currently. So about average ability. 

I prefer mountain, but road training is also great! I love climbing and Ou Wa Pad to the mast is my favourite ride currently. As you said Deon it is better to have company on those rides into the mountain.

My schedule is flexible as I have my own plumbing business. So we can play around with times and days as the need arises.

Please give me a message if you would like a partner now and then.

Cheers

Rob