Launch of the Vlakkenberg MTB Trails

News bot

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great! Thanks to the Bikehub.co.za for listing our launch. We are very excited to have mtb'ers sharing our trails.

Any chance of getting a map?

Any chance of getting a map?

The official trail opening is on 6 Novmeber. We would like to get people to buy a R30 permit or come on the day and buy one which will give you entry to all the "Bicyclegear Blowout". The monies go to building more trail and securing more land for building in Hout Bay.

When you buy the permit we will send your all details.

Any chance of these linking up to the Tokai trails when they're open?  

It will certainly be the idea. Once the EMP allows for riders to use the Cecilia Forest jeep track, you will be able to ride the entire greenbelt from Tokai, all the way off road linking into the Hout Bay trails.

The "saddle" down to Hout Bay from the Mast climb,

is still a bit steep...

uhm, is it just me or is the trail only 2.5km long? am i missing something.

That is correct...We are creating a XC trail network at the moment. The whole idea is to enhance riders technical skills on a trail that can be ridden multiple times in a safe and enjoyable environment.

If you are coming down on the Sunday 6th November, park at Constantia Nek. We will have someone up there directing people to the trail and start line...

That is correct...We are creating a XC trail network at the moment. The whole idea is to enhance riders technical skills on a trail that can be ridden multiple times in a safe and enjoyable environment.

What happened to the cyclocross initiative you had once upon a time?

Trail opening is happening 6 November 2016!

It is open and accessible to all riders, the only requirement is that you register and pay R30 to use the trail and ride with a trail number plate when using it. The permit is valid for one year from the date of purchase.

Did i understand this right, R30 for a year permit?