National road team announced for 2016 Tour du Rwanda

News bot

Cycling South Africa is proud to announce the National Road Cycling Team that will participate in the 2016 Tour du Rwanda, taking place from 13 to 20 November. The UCI 2.2 seven-stage race covers a distance of close to 818.7 kilometres and will see 17 teams taking part.

Click here to view the article

A national team gets announced and no one really cares..... Funny how we support this lifestyle called cycling

Good point ofaniy. But I think you answer your own observation. Most people cycle for the "lifestyle". Meaning it's just for their fun and health. Which is no problem.

I hope the boys do well. There are always amazing crowds at that tour!

Good point ofaniy. But I think you answer your own observation. Most people cycle for the "lifestyle". Meaning it's just for their fun and health. Which is no problem.

True, which is also the a reason the sport suffers financially. Was the announcement of the new Bok team... Well I am sure everyone would have had a opinion and guess what, 90% of those opinions probably don't even play rugby anymore

Our main #twitter feed @TRwandaCycling not far off 5000 followers - a big sponsor milestone! Please follow/RT 2 help us get there ????????????????????????‍♀️ https://t.co/1VJBEjpR64

Above is their national team's twitter if people want to follow. And their cycling federation: @cyclingrwanda

True, which is also the a reason the sport suffers financially. Was the announcement of the new Bok team... Well I am sure everyone would have had a opinion and guess what, 90% of those opinions probably don't even play rugby anymore

I understand your frustration. To be fair, it's more like a Vodacom cup (or even club rugby) comparison. No offense meant! There's been some very heated discussions for all disciplines (road, mtb, etc) about selections before here on the hub!

I actually don't know much about the riders. Will look into it for myself :)

National Team 2016 Tour du Rwanda:

Calvin Beneke

Carl Bonthuys

Mornay van Heerden

George Perrins

Wian-David Slabbert

Management

Peter Lee Jeffries

I understand your frustration. To be fair, it's more like a Vodacom cup (or even club rugby) comparison. No offense meant! There's been some very heated discussions for all disciplines (road, mtb, etc) about selections before here on the hub!

Very true and don't even get me started on golf..... Money blown there is beyond my understanding

Very true and don't even get me started on golf..... Money blown there is beyond my understanding

I won't get you started!

But I was thinking now, for next year, maybe I can try to do a short rider profile every week on the hub. From juniors, u23 to elites.

Mmm and perhaps do a short interview with the riders as well. Or do a short profile and tell the profiled rider to come do an hour q&a on the hub where the hubbers can ask questions!

I won't get you started!

But I was thinking now, for next year, maybe I can try to do a short rider profile every week on the hub. From juniors, u23 to elites.

Mmm and perhaps do a short interview with the riders as well. Or do a short profile and tell the profiled rider to come do an hour q&a on the hub where the hubbers can ask questions!

Sounds like a cool idea. Will be good way for riders to promote themselves and their sponsors

The subreddit r/peloton is currently looking for professional riders to do AMA's (Ask me anything) during the off season. Perhaps after a Hub Q&A we could point them in that direction for some serious coverage.

I was there last year with the final stage in Kigali. My man, those crowds were insane! Saffas enjoyed the odd "trap hom boet" thrown into the mix, haha. Best part was, not even a proper rain shower could disperse the crowds, the finish line was packed. Lekker gees and I feel very fortunate to have experienced that.