Cradle Moon aka Heia Safari

-Gazza-

Hi, has anyone ridden here recently and if so how are the trails looking.

Previously you could choose between Blue, red and yellow trails. Is this still the case?

I rode there on sunday. There are a few changes to the blue trail, nothing drastic. Yellow is as before. Got distracted by some food before I could get to red.

The trails aren't as well maintained as before, but still worth riding.

Hi, has anyone ridden here recently and if so how are the trails looking.

Previously you could choose between Blue, red and yellow trails. Is this still the case?

Used to love it, but the recent politics and hostile takeovers there left a bitter taste in my mouth. Went back once or twice and the trails were pretty average after the takeover. 

But I suppose if that kind of stuff doesnt affect you, then R30 to ride a decent trail is cheap.

I rode there on sunday. There are a few changes to the blue trail, nothing drastic. Yellow is as before. Got distracted by some food before I could get to red.

The trails aren't as well maintained as before, but still worth riding.

Used to love it, but the recent politics and hostile takeovers there left a bitter taste in my mouth. Went back once or twice and the trails were pretty average after the takeover. 

But I suppose if that kind of stuff doesnt affect you, then R30 to ride a decent trail is cheap.

Were the trails well supported/busy?

Well supported before the takeover, I think quieter after the takeover.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Well supported before the takeover, 

so are hero officially 100% out of that now? I asked them a few months ago and they were adamant they were still in the game. 

so are hero officially 100% out of that now? I asked them a few months ago and they were adamant they were still in the game.

Who knows. It seems that Cradle moon have made it especially difficult for Hero to draw revenue out of this particular venture, and I notice that the Hero Heia Safari Facebook page mainly advertises what is happening at their other trails, such as Hobby Park and Rhebokskloof.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I haven't been back since all the k@k several months back.......

Used to really enjoy it there

Exactly how I feel.

And it's sad, because I really enjoyed it there, but I'll be damned if Scrooge gets a cent of mine!

Hobby's getting better and better all the time, as part of my ride there on Sat I rode what seems to be a revamped Red route.... so much of lots of fun!!

Exactly how I feel.

And it's sad, because I really enjoyed it there, but I'll be damned if Scrooge gets a cent of mine!

Hobby's getting better and better all the time, as part of my ride there on Sat I rode what seems to be a revamped Red route.... so much of lots of fun!!

Jip, was high on my list aswell. Not going to see me again either. I was invited to a birthday thing there but I convinced the host to move it to Bidon. Much better.

• 3 months later...

I rode at cradle moon on Saturday. Things have definitely gone downhill since hero has left. The Blue route has been shortened, with the first downhill section removed. The grass is mostly higher than handlebar height and grass is growing across the trail.

The red is relatively unchanged and in fairly good condition. I almost had a heart attack when turned the corner and saw 2 rhino grazing in front of me. This made me extremely nervous for the rest of the red route.

The yellow route is unchanged but I also think there has been no maintenance on the yellow since hero has left. The grass is so long and almost impossible to see the trail in front of you. My bar ends kept on getting snagged on the long grass either side of the trail. It must have been the first time I have not enjoyed cycling on the yellow route.

It does not seem well supported, when I arrived there were only 10 cars in the parking lot and around 6 when  I left.

Given the condition of the trails and trying to integrate rhino and cyclists I will not be returning.