Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interesting to know if/how many times the "no needles" rule was broken in the heat. The best medical method is a post stage drip but "no needles" means no needles. Any participants see drips in the med bay??

In the highlight package they showed the medical tent...I saw plenty riders on drips.. not sure if they would've started today. Kinda thing if you need a drip you shouldn't be allowed to start as you are in a bad way.

*Off topic.. during the days of me playing masters hockey we would see a lot of players on drips but that was more alcohol related[emoji23], definitely not the case at the Epic.*

I watched the BMC after stage video..apparently Hincapie reckons stage 1 was the hardest day he has spent on the bike.. okay added he is not using the same 'nutrition' he used back then[emoji6]

Edited by Gen

Anyone know if the live streaming has started yet?

nothing yet, i think they only start at 9am[emoji17]

nothing yet, i think they only start at 9am[emoji17]

Demmit I'm going for a ride then so will miss most of it  :whistling:

That Bulls 'zebra' kit worn by Karl and partner as well as the 'curly girls' looks a bit doff, just me?

It's there whole project zebra theme

But ja.. they have had nicer kits..

It's there whole project zebra theme

But ja.. they have had nicer kits..

As I can't comment about the 'technical' aspects' as I'm not worthy I have to moan about the fashion ;)

Thanks, was hoping I could find the 20/25 minute package they put out each night on supersport. Can't find today's on TV either. No schedule for RSA on the cape epic website either(Slovakia is there!).

I might be a bit tired, but I expect a bit better from this world class outfit.

Thanks, was hoping I could find the 20/25 minute package they put out each night on supersport. Can't find today's on TV either. No schedule for RSA on the cape epic website either(Slovakia is there!).

This from the epic website: http://www.cape-epic.com/news/943/how-to-enjoy-the-epic-drama-from-your-living-room/

Are u seriously complaining because CE does not have the DSTV CE schedule on its website?

Did u try look on DSTV schedule?

If DSTV don't have it on their own schedule then......

Subscribe to the CE daily email and follow the various links to daily coverage..... QED

As I can't comment about the 'technical' aspects' as I'm not worthy I have to moan about the fashion ;)

Lol

Ja I am a Bulls fan, but it is also not working for me.[emoji23]

Still reckon PYGA have the nicest looking kit bike combo..pity the African leaders jersey is covering it up[emoji102]

08:06

Bulls, Kansai Plascon, Centurion Vaude, investec Songo Specialized, Cannondale, Scott and Pyga-Eurosteel all through WP1 at Greyton together

Here's some more chilled live action on the interweb to watch before the Epic live stream starts

That is a bit left field.

Compared to the Cape Epic it leaves me cold......