Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

In my opinion Val De Vie as a finish looked poor. Almost no trees for the fans and supporters to hide under from the sun.

Yip! k@k venue

But on the other hand where else? Lourensford done and dusted, Meerendal crappy venue as well (pls have the prologue somewhere else), Boschendal does not really have the grounds to accommodate the size (beautiful though)

Edited by Jaco-fiets

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should not finish on Polo fields then. Is the Polo club in need of funds that the Epic had to finish there?

I miss the Grand Finale at Lourensford. And they used to have a race for us poor people on the day just so we could also feel the vibe. I think it was sponsored by Liquifruit then.

Lol

More like the Epic probably charging them an arm and a leg to be able to host it.

Ryk Neethling was no doubt behind it moving it there.. seeing as he is the big shot at the estate.

Lol

More like the Epic probably charging them an arm and a leg to be able to host it.

Ryk Neethling was no doubt behind it moving it there.. seeing as he is the big shot at the estate.

Haha, that would not surprise me in the least.

Oak valley on the other hand would be a great finish venue. Ride the stage in reverse next year

I second. Then hold a nice race for the plebs. More than enough ST and routes for both a race and the Epic final stage.

Edited by Moridin

Wonder how many draadsitters will now walk past the Spez Concept Stores and rather put bucks down on the better Scott Sparks? :whistling:

The Spez boys got their asses handed to them on plate. They should let their Saffa techies handle their tyre choices next time.

Weighing in at 9.4kg for a dual suspension..most definitely going to see a lot more Scotts out there.

Weighing in at 9.4kg for a dual suspension..most definitely going to see a lot more Scotts out there.

My son wants one, but I am too poor.  :blush:

My son wants one, but I am too poor. :blush:

Get him the hard tail..think it weights 8.9kg price must be a little less too[emoji6]

what happened to Max?

Lost podium today.. max looked finished yesterday just couldn't do it today..

Oh Spez boys came out now

I was just about to say, poor form[emoji85]

But damn man they could've been on time hey.

Hey the CEO of Hansgrohe was wearing a Bora Hansgrohe jacket.. immediately I thought the longer Hansgrohe stay involved with the Epic the better the changes that we will see Sagan here one day.. he knows about the Epic he sent a good luck message out last night. Seems like a challenge Sags would like.

A girl can dream... 6 years just 6 years and I reckon he will be here. ..or untill after he wins Milan San Remo and Roubaix.

[emoji23] [emoji23]