Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking past all the criticism of these two guys taking part I enjoyed watching them, listening to their comments and as Nathrix says - the videos were good.

Thanks to friendly Mikayla & Chirease of team I love boobies.Always smiling,waving and getting the spectators cheering.Looked like they were having fun

We were around them a lot and it seemed they were never NOT smiling - loved it all the way...so lekker

• 3 weeks later...

Where CE and GH paid to ride?

in the video GH says they just doing it for fun, not a salary

BUT they must have some sort of deal with BMC

I wonder what bump in exposure these two brought to the ACE not

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i think it will be a turning point. Expect to see some ex GC contenders here in the masters from here on

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else noticed how many people uploaded their Cape Epic routes to Strava?

Not only is this against the rules, but it increases the chances of people rogue riding those routes and spoiling it for other events that would like to make use of the same route, not only for the Epic

Just look at this one stage here

http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/#910093892?c=k3vsnp21&z=B&t=1Op-CG&a=RO4-NtqCfjZ5eBg23sMxNkZ1FzYmWCE7yw0tNjMkGTbr0iM2u-nPNlVwkzx5Rx02vxbpNrEoGTZOSz43tJrtOHxXtTY3Uzk2ROkaNr7TGzZY6qM2VNTFNiGOGDYbZRc2_KI-Nv8mlTa-8Sk2

Has anyone else noticed how many people uploaded their Cape Epic routes to Strava?

Not only is this against the rules, but it increases the chances of people rogue riding those routes and spoiling it for other events that would like to make use of the same route, not only for the Epic

http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/#910093892?c=k3vsnp21&z=B&t=1Op-CG&a=RO4-NtqCfjZ5eBg23sMxNkZ1FzYmWCE7yw0tNjMkGTbr0iM2u-nPNlVwkzx5Rx02vxbpNrEoGTZOSz43tJrtOHxXtTY3Uzk2ROkaNr7TGzZY6qM2VNTFNiGOGDYbZRc2_KI-Nv8mlTa-8Sk2

Send that to the organisers.

Those riders should technically get a warning, a request to make them private and failure to comply, result in a DQ.... That is the procedure apparently 

meh, it's the way of the world.

So what. Not like they banned Sauser when he was caught trespassing and then abusing the landowner like their rules say they will.

The routes are public information. they put them up on their website for all to see. Your own strava files are your own.

giving someone a .kml doesn't make them a trespasser. Sure it makes them easier to be one, but physically they still need to go ride into private property.

You want to do the Cape Epic route?

go download the kmz from their website. Yes, they have these rules but then leave the route up their for anyone to go and use.

As you can see I'm an open access info guy. This doesn't give you permission to go and ride these routes. As in most things, don't be a ****, be lekker.

http://www.cape-epic.com/livetracking/kmz/2017S1.kmz

http://www.cape-epic.com/livetracking/kmz/2017S8.kmz

6. RULE 13.7No rider shall trespass at any time of the year on land which is not open to the public for mountain biking and which forms part of the race route of any edition of the race, nor will any rider distribute any GPS co-ordinates in respect of the route at any time, including but not limited to, uploads onto online platforms such as Strava.

Edited by hikerbiker

Ja not cool, but more pressing matters, this price hike every year on the entry's, when is this **** gonna stop? And the worse thing is the standard drops, who rode with me this year that also received those rubbish Chinese bags, and don’t forget our R50 lucky packet Jacket this year.

I mean seriously, who gives out this ****! Am I the only one that thinks that designer of the finishers shirts is blind, and I seriously wane meet the guy who stripped material from a blue tent and decided o hey, lets make a jacket for the most expensive MB race in the world.. AND WHO THE F... approved the size charts, I mean who ARE U???? Guess what I made with my large epic Jersey, u guessed it, A TENT for the kids...

The Problem is u get some people high up that get together and say... Lets put a price tag on a bike for something ridiculous and just see what the public reaction is, lets go for R160 000, and what do we do, we don’t event contest, we just take out our cards and pay... Same thing at the Epic, hi Kevin we have a slight problem in the dining room, they are serving powdered eggs for breakfast and people are paying R74 900 per team just to be here... What do you think their reaction was?

If I have to see one more executive gag form powdered eggs and old bacon on the epic im gonna crap myself, How the hell do they get away with that standard every frikken year??? this has to stop people!!!