Age of Ladder Bridges

JohnnyReggae

The West Coast of British Columbia has been renown for the high ladder bridges and iconic trails shown in the early films of mountain biking and mountain unicycling. Dan Cowan (aka. Dangerous Dan) is one of the builders responsible for taking benign wooden creek crossings and elevating the bridges multiple human heights above the ground. Today, builders have moved away from the high, skinny wooden features, as the sport of mountain biking continues to evolve and concerns about liability have increased. The forgotten trails from the dawn of the age can still be found among the trees, memories of a time gone by, skeletons in the forest. The trails in this video are the most recent constructions by Dangerous Dan, but they too are slowly succumbing to the passing years and are being reclaimed by the forest.

sho. very cool. That man can ride a unicycle. 

One question...... how is his or is his manparts still in-tacked? 

sho. very cool. That man can ride a unicycle. 

One question...... how is his or is his manparts still in-tacked? 

Cos he is standing whenever he takes a drop or a jump  ;)

Edited by JohnnyReggae

It's actually easier to do that on a unicycle as he only needs to keep one wheel on the bridge where as a normal bicycle would need to keep two...

I was thinking the same thing when I was watching it, although some of those little climbs are extremely difficult on a narrow skinny. Never mind the descents ... I'm still blown away at the level of skill that Ryan has.