The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

I'm excited to inform you that I will be at The Munga 2016 providing support for the Sheriff this year, so I will be shooting some aerial drone shots + GoPro footage + time lapses, edit the footage and upload as much as possible to my YouTube channel every day, so subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZyg_lZz-SAqcNgGME2KN1Q

I will post here as well for those of you not using any of the other platforms or being blocked at work.

So, to start it off, here's a taste of many videos to be uploaded before and during the event and there will be plenty aerial footage of the towns/villages/roads going forward:

Have a look in the uploaded YouTube video description for all the relevant information.

Also a HUGE shout-out goes to http://www.fines4u.co.za helping to making it all possible.

Please note that I'm not getting paid for this. I'm doing this as I am passionate about cycling and creating little videos as a hobby. Any suggestions, comments and donations/sponsors welcome.

Edit: Will be using #TheMunga2016 hash tag on twitter and instagram. Edited by nathrix ® ©™

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like!!!

Will definitely be following this! I don't know how anyone will get any work done during this time... But who cares!

Tell the Sheriff he's got lots of supporters rooting him on...

Can't wait for the race to start! The force is strong with the Sheriff, the experience of him being a 24 hour champ a couple of times in the past shows and he rode us stukkend on the long rides.

I made an in depth itinerary from last year's http://trackleaders.com/munga15 e.g. arrival/departure times of riders, towns, villages, dams, climbs, passes, etc. trying to get an idea of where the riders should be and where to get lekker shots.

The biggest hurdle will be reception to upload the different feeds, but will figure it out as we travel along "the forgotten highway" so to speak...

Can't wait for the race to start! The force is strong with the Sheriff, the experience of him being a 24 hour champ a couple of times in the past shows and he rode us stukkend on the long rides.

I made an in depth itinerary from last year's http://trackleaders.com/munga15 e.g. arrival/departure times of riders, towns, villages, dams, climbs, passes, etc. trying to get an idea of where the riders should be and where to get lekker shots.

The biggest hurdle will be reception to upload the different feeds, but will figure it out as we travel along "the forgotten highway" so to speak...

This sounds really cool!

I will definitely be hooked to your feeds...

Best of luck. :thumbup:  :thumbup:  

Very much kudos to you for taking this on and doing it.

I can't wait.  

(I am sure you'll have your fair share of sleep deprivation. :devil: )  

I'll be subscribed, and logged-on, and following, and whatever else and cheering for all involved.  

Edited by IH8MUD

Haha yes, there will be very little sleep. It's going to be quite a challenge charging all the equipment daily, editing, sleep deprivation, reception, places to crash, etc. Looking at editing approximately 100GB of data into each of the 10 minute clips is quit a feat. I think I have all the music sorted out already so that I don't have to worry about that while there....People don't realise how much work is involved, but if you love what you're doing it does not feel like work. One thing I know for a fact is that it's not going to be nearly as hard as the riders out there battling it out day after day to get to the finish line on a push bike (:

hi, I had a look at some of your vids and must say it is awesome.  I will be following with interest.  My self footage and limited editing software and experience does not deliver very good results, but it gives a lot of satisfaction.  Thx for sharing with us and enjoy

The race starts Wednesday 30th of November 2016 at 12pm.

I'm going to focus on covering everything and anything, but obviously more focus on the Sheriff as the riders will be spread over vast distances.

Nathrix, how does this work? I didn't follow it last year (and regretted it) - and Slowbee's thread got me interested. How are you "supporting'  Anton on this - are you riding along and getting drone footage where you can, or just in the stopover points ?