Riders to test themselves in two-stage Paarl race

News bot

Looking forward to your feedback then. I'm really interested to see if higher end 'boutique' events are sustainable (outside of the ACE of course).

cool, will let you know..

• 2 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to take part in the Sanlam MTB race over the past weekend & would like to give the following race review:

The first question will always be, was it good value? I can truly say that i have done all of the big stage races (with the exception of the Epic) & this one rates right up there. Awesome hospitality  & great vibe make for a truly memorable experience. Considering that the goody-bag was packed with goodies, worth probably the same as the entry, gave it an even bigger value for money "tag"! A lot better than most stage races.

The route was absolutely awesome. If I recall correctly the race had access to more than 50 farms around the mountain & getting buy-in from all the land owners plus trail building, accumulates to 100's of hours of meetings & hard work.

The 2nd stage, on the Sunday, ended as a family affair with kids running around on the beautiful Rhebokskloof wine estate & everyone enjoying the incredible hospitality. Usually post race the organisers struggle to keep the people at the venue for the prize giving. This was not the case at the Sanlam MTB race. Hundreds of people stayed well after the prize giving enjoying great food, Rhebokskloof wine & even some well deserved CBC beer.

The only thing I can say is WOW, what an event!!!!

To the race organisers, sponsors & race venue I can only give a big  :clap:  :thumbup: !!!! What an event!!! A true gem & one to mark in the calendar in 2017!!!!!

I am riding the event, will let you guys know how it goes..

Hi Kingalton, interested to get your feedback on the event?