!Khwa ttu Trail ride 11/2016

HowardSteele

Hi all just a reminder to top up your sealant if you are going to ride the !Khwa ttu trail out on the west coast this summer.

And tubeless is a requirement not an option, at one point i could see more thorns in the front tire than you could see rubber.

We rode it last year and compared to then the long route now has a few overgrown sections and a lot more thorns and  the sandy sections have got sandier.The loss of air from all the thorns deflates your tires to deal with the soft sand.Just watch the wire on the gate crossings it pops out a lot of the thorns and tests your stans congealing speed.

...For R30 it certainly is a worthwhile ride and besides the springbok,Eland and Steenbokkies we spotted a jackal.

the 100's of flies along the wheat fields are a little irritating but leave you once you get to the vinyards.

Breakfast  and cupachino at the restaurant  R100 afterwards as a reward.

Another point they only  open at 9:00 we got there at 8;15 and phoned the reception, who said no problem and let us in.

It gets hot out there its a pity one can't ride earlier.

http://www.khwattu.org/things-to-do/cycling-at-khwa-ttu/our-bike-trail-routes/?id=74