Road cycling Contermanskloof

Hearts*

I found myself doing Vissershok, Contermans and Tiekie solo midday Saturday afternoon and was wondering if this route is still safe, I have not read of any incidence lately?

Same as always I presume, but I try to avoid Vissershok as far as possible, seems to have gotten more busier over time, have never felt safe there.

I have never felt unsafe in that area from a mugging perspective and haven't heard of any incidents.  But I definitely agree Vissershok can be scary with traffic.

I have never felt unsafe in that area from a mugging perspective and haven't heard of any incidents.  But I definitely agree Vissershok can be scary with traffic.

I train in that area every December.  Was my stomping ground in the 80's.  So I like to measure myself against Vissers and the other two.

Great to hear it's still safe, apart from traffic.

Agree i.t.o traffic, now with the roadworks at Clara Anna I find the cars rushing a bit and a few to many construction trucks...

A pity as its a nice loop if you include Jip De Jager for a few hills.

Good to know its not a mugging hotspot.

Agree i.t.o traffic, now with the roadworks at Clara Anna I find the cars rushing a bit and a few to many construction trucks...

A pity as its a nice loop if you include Jip De Jager for a few hills.

Good to know its not a mugging hotspot.

Head through the Vissershok 4 way stop, pass the school in a northerly direction

Sublime hill top training segment to the dairy and back ????

That whole section of road is unfortunately filled with trucks due to the quarry situated in that area, but I've used the route on occasions and always felt ok. The Contermanskloof section many times have concrete stone strewn on the yellow line shoulder, but I've always managed well enough.