PPA Seeding: effect on CTCT

daniemare

Hi guys and girls

I am aiming for a sub 3:30 CTCT and one thing was to get into a better seeding group.  I am satisfied that my current PPA seeding of G is good enough for this.

My seeding is based on the Durbie Dash 2016, plus I have a sub 3 hours 96km Bonnievale still to be taken into account. I am also aiming to do 947 in under 3 hours.

So with my prior year CTCT of 3:40 I think I will be in good stead.

My question is, if I do the Stellenbosch cycle tour much slower will this affect my seeding for the CTCT.  I want to help my wife a bit as she never has the luxury of group riding where she starts (S/T groups). An improvement in her seeding will also help her in the CTCT, especially for starting earlier. So I want to do a TT for her benefit. Also we have to ride a big race together at some point.

Thanks for the help

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the last couple of years that my PPA seeding and CTCT seeding corresponded.

Maybe it was just my luck that it happened that way, but it does seem that it correlates somewhat.

Thanks wannabe.

Yes there is a correlation, that is why I am fine with my seeding.

My question is will a slow Stellenbosch Cycle Tour affect my seeding, or will they ignore it and stick with the better times

Hi guys and girls

I am aiming for a sub 3:30 CTCT and one thing was to get into a better seeding group.  I am satisfied that my current PPA seeding of G is good enough for this.

My seeding is based on the Durbie Dash 2016, plus I have a sub 3 hours 96km Bonnievale still to be taken into account. I am also aiming to do 947 in under 3 hours.

My question is, if I do the Stellenbosch cycle tour much slower will this affect my seeding for the CTCT.  I want to help my wife a bit as she never has the luxury of group riding where she starts (S/T groups). An improvement in her seeding will also help her in the CTCT, especially for starting earlier. So I want to do a TT for her benefit. Also we have to ride a big race together at some point.

Thanks for the help

Races never have a negative effect on seeding. No matter how badly you do. Your best ones count, have priority. There is no logical reason to skip a race because of  "your seeding". And if you only have one race, one is better than none. The PPA web site has the in depth version, but in short, just race & no need to stress about how slow you went.

They normally stick with the better / faster times.

I have not done a proper "seeding race" in years. :blush:

This 

Races never have a negative effect on seeding. No matter how badly you do. Your best ones count, have priority. There is no logical reason to skip a race because of  "your seeding". And if you only have one race, one is better than none. The PPA web site has the in depth version, but in short, just race & no need to stress about how slow you went.

Hi guys and girls

Thanks for the help

my advice and from my experience, forget about your own seeding and CTCT race. 

ride the CTCT and any other events with your wife and assist her.

believe me you will enjoy this and the memories will last forever. :thumbup:

Edited by Madone69

Thanks everyone.

My wife will appreciate it  :clap:

Now to find some other T & U seeders that will do the Stellenbosch Cycle Tour that would like to average 25 - 26 and ride in a bunch.

No, doing a slow one will not negatively affect your seeding, because only your best races will be used in calculating it. Having said that, I know someone who simply removes his chip during the race as he would rather have no result than for a slow time to forever be on his record. (He has other issues as well, being unable to smell the roses for instance.) 

Edited by DJR

Thanks everyone.

My wife will appreciate it  :clap:

Now to find some other T & U seeders that will do the Stellenbosch Cycle Tour that would like to average 25 - 26 and ride in a bunch.

I started this race in Q one year and still managed 31 average.  There are always people in every group who will have the ability to go faster than the rest of the bunch.  Find them and go!

my advice and from my experience, forget about your own seeding and CTCT race. 

ride the CTCT and any other events with your wife and assist her.

believe me you will enjoy this and the memories will last forever. :thumbup:

That is what the second lap is for...

not if you starting anywhere lower than D maybe E

Referring to your earlier post - Working towards a time goal, training hard over months, doing seeding races and then pushing yourself hard on the day can be rewarding in it's own way.

Part of CTCT's awesomeness is that you have many different people doing it have many different goals, don't think we should dictate to others how they should approach the race (other than not making a nuisance of themselves to those around you)

Referring to your earlier post - Working towards a time goal, training hard over months, doing seeding races and then pushing yourself hard on the day can be rewarding in it's own way.

Part of CTCT's awesomeness is that you have many different people doing it have many different goals, don't think we should dictate to others how they should approach the race (other than not making a nuisance of themselves to those around you)

shooo. chill dude :cursing: ...  if you read the post correctly ... it starts off by "my advice"...no mention of dictating. :nuke: ..

enjoy your ride :offtopic: