Review: Titan Sonic Pro

Iwan Kemp

Looks like they have used the Specialized licenced Horst Link rear suspension. When done properly this a superb design. Any info available on this?

I think that this is going to be a great bike for the intended market.

I also think that some racing snakes on hardrail are going to buy the entire level bike and build thier decent part over and have a sub 12kg dual suspension bike.

I agree - a fork lockout is one of the most useless features on a bike. Unless you spend the entire time pedaling uphill while standing. Its far more useful to have a fork that sinks into and uses its travel when it really gets steep allowing you to keep front end traction. The only time I have ever used the lockout on my bike is on tar. So not very often at all...

Silverback Sido 1 makes much more sense, considering the Sidi comes with a Reba.

Reba, +-1kg lighter, Stans Crest rims, and award winning race proven Burst rear suspension borrowed from the awesome rocket ship Silverback Sesta.

I agree - a fork lockout is one of the most useless features on a bike. Unless you spend the entire time pedaling uphill while standing. Its far more useful to have a fork that sinks into and uses its travel when it really gets steep allowing you to keep front end traction. The only time I have ever used the lockout on my bike is on tar. So not very often at all...

Even then I always forget to unlock it again so I just don't bother at all  :blush:

Reba, +-1kg lighter, Stans Crest rims, and award winning race proven Burst rear suspension borrowed from the awesome rocket ship Silverback Sesta.

Here we go again.

Go where? Meaningless 1 liners is not allowed.

I understood where he was going and 1 liners ARE not disallowed by any hub rule  :whistling:

Actually the only rule I know clearly is the '#1000 Rouxtjie Rule'

That sounds better. How much is this supreme piece of marathon hardware?

Go where? Meaningless 1 liners is not allowed.

You just can't resist punting silverback everywhere can't you?

You sound like a broken record player.

That sounds better. How much is this supreme piece of marathon hardware?

These bikes have a suggested retail of about R33k. Average weight for a medium is 12,12kg, give or take for manufacturing variances.