ABSA Cape Epic 2017 - partner wanted (Mixed category)

Catty

Hi,

Finished the Epic in 2013 and want to do it once more in 2017.

I'm a girl, now 33 years old - 177 cm - 63 kgs :) Riding a 29" S-Works.

My partner opted out for his personal / life reasons but I'm still hoping to do that and have already been training hard.

In 2013 I was based in another country and didn't have much opportunity for training because of the season and life priorities, so the goal then was just to do that to the finish. Finished 37 out of 64 teams in our category but it was snowy winter in my country and a lot of office work so we didn't really train properly :)

Now I have the experience and much more time & opportunity to train so I'd like to finish in the first half of my category, but really hoping for even better than that. And have a loot of fun as well :)

I'm based in Cape Town and riding about 3 times a week (including at least 1 long ride during the week-end). Doing & planning the weekend races whenever possible as well.

I have an international team entry but, if you are from SA, you can pay only the SA amount and even do it in parts - it's more important to be able to train together from time to time and prepare properly.

Looking for someone who is as eager as me and who is thinking of success as our only option :)

Kate

Photographic evidence needed .... :ph34r:  :whistling: 

Just kidding... good luck for your race!!

just go check the 2013 results.  :ph34r:

You can have both of that now - here's my race number. And I was telling I'm not really that proud of my 2013 results  :blush:

893899_368074156661881_597162352_o.jpg

If you move up to Potchefstroom I'd be happy to help!  :ph34r:

Hehee.... In love with Western Cape so far :)

You can have both of that now - here's my race number. And I was telling I'm not really that proud of my 2013 results  :blush:

893899_368074156661881_597162352_o.jpg

If that is the yellow Livestrong band, I will have to opt out! :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Just kidding, good luck finding a partner and enjoy!!!

If that is the yellow Livestrong band, I will have to opt out! :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Just kidding, good luck finding a partner and enjoy!!!

Hahaha, consider it was 3 years ago though! 

Thank you

Hahaha, consider it was 3 years ago though! 

Thank you

There may be some mitigation for wearing a yellow bracelet, BUT there is nothing that will save you from the eternal damnation that the other transgression you confessed to, deserves :ph34r:  :ph34r:

:) Riding a 29" S-Works.

Edited by eddy

There may be some mitigation for wearing a yellow bracelet, BUT there is nothing that will save you from the eternal damnation that the other transgression you confessed to, deserves :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I finished the 2013 one on 26er if that helps me a bit ;) And my partner was riding a 26" hardtail. 

I was looking at the bike stats from 2013 and, it seems from your words like the suppressing majority of the riders should be getting that kind of damnation here or there, as I'm not sure which part of the "Riding a 29" S-Works"  statement you are referring to  :unsure:

I finished the 2013 one on 26er if that helps me a bit ;) And my partner was riding a 26" hardtail. 

I was looking at the bike stats from 2013 and, it seems from your words like the suppressing majority of the riders should be getting that kind of damnation here or there, as I'm not sure which part of the "Riding a 29" S-Works"  statement you are referring to  :unsure:

The bikehub has a hierarchy of prejudice.

The greatest sin is riding a Specialized. The second is admitting to have ever ridden a 26"bike.

I suppose it would have made more sense if I had added  a few of these : :whistling:  :whistling: :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  

The bikehub has a hierarchy of prejudice.

The greatest sin is riding a Specialized. The second is admitting to have ever ridden a 26"bike.

I suppose it would have made more sense if I had added  a few of these : :whistling:  :whistling: :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  

OMG I see, I see  :whistling:  :whistling: 

Hi Kate

I'm keen and would like to look into this.

Maybe chat on whatsapp and see if this could work.

Hi, 

Sorry that was a busy day. Let's chat sometime tomorrow, will add you in whatsapp :)