Nick

The Wreckoning was conceived on the back of the success of the Evil’s first 29 inch wheel bike, The Following. Being extremely pleased with how the big wheeled The Following rode, Evil thought they would take things up a notch with The Wreckoning, a hard-hitting 29” enduro beast.

Click here to view the article

Definitely my favourite 9r ride. 

I like the bike in X-Low flip-chip setup as it matches the feel of the 650B  EVIL Insurgent a lot then and is hard to distinguish between the two.

Did not have to get used to the Wreckoning just as with the Insurgent apart from the fact that one gets away with murder on the big wheels ;)

It sure does climb well of which I've done quite a lot and that even in X-Low setting.

170mm length are a must and no longer 

150mm dropper + is another must

So fast ... is scary 

Rode the PIKE with an MRP Ramp Control Cartridge upgrade upping the game for the PIKE a bunch more!

Having been off the bike for so long it was only a pleasure to jump in the deep end , thank to Mr Fietsman, and race the last WP Enduro leg at Helderberg trails.

It was the best !!

No shuttles used as Gert Heyns , Martin Zietsman & decided to climb the day. 

It was a perfect setup to give the Wreckoning a test on some of our gnarlier local trails.

This sure is my 9r of choice.

It inspired loads of confidence specially not having been in the saddle for over 6months ;)

Plenty radness.