CWC - Not disapointed anymore. Warranty claim.

BernardG

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the pics there is clear sign of delamination which may be driven by corrosion at the carbon/ alu interface. the interface between spokes and nipples also shows white deposits.

the spokes will be stainless, the nipples look to be brass.

So 4 separate conductive materials at an interface exposed to oxygen and water(electrolyte) at the nipple hole. Galvanic corrosion as root cause. The big question is why so bad so quickly? What is accelerating it?

Have to ask:

- exposure to sea water or salt spray?

- stored wet after washing?

- how often washed?

- what soaps/detergents used?

Some detergents/degreasers have salts added as thickeners and should NEVER be used on bikes. case in point = dishwashing liquid.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by JXV

Which agents to CWC use?

My understanding is that CWC stocks a mix of parallel import and local agent supplied stock.?

My understanding is that CWC stocks a mix of parallel import and local agent supplied stock.?

Thanks.

I think it's important that buyers know when something they buy is not supported by local agents.

Thanks for all the opinions. This could be a 'to and from' that goes on for ages, but I have at least seen some views and feel better to press for a warranty claim. I do understand that things like water, cleaning agents etc can cause these things but never expected or would expect something like this to happen so quickly (in 5 months) so I still find it reasonable to see this as a warranty claim, but I remain open to hear other views. 

My understanding is that CWC stocks a mix of parallel import and local agent supplied stock.?

I dont know the specifics of where they source items but it seems everyone is just assuming they are a parallel import already. 

I guess it will all go down sooner or later and someone will pick this up.

Really taken back by CWC and their attitude...thought they would stand by their product and service.

So much for "local is better" regarding backup and service with online suppliers.

As OP stated, Disppointed.

Edited by Grey Hubs

Not sure how to take it down. My fail now. But seem there is validity in claiming, I have tried to engage with Coolheat, but doesn't seem to have been supplied by them.

I dont know the specifics of where they source items but it seems everyone is just assuming they are a parallel import already. 

I guess it will all go down sooner or later and someone will pick this up.

Really taken back by CWC and their attitude...thought they would stand by their product and service.

So much for "local is better" regarding backup and service with online suppliers.

As OP stated, Disppointed.

It could just be the guys at the GP store flogging him off, lets wait and see what Snr or Jnr say..

It could just be the guys at the GP store flogging him off, lets wait and see what Snr or Jnr say..

End of the day, these guys are representatives and should follow the ethics of the company...It shouldn't have to go to the next level.

By their actions doubt is enough to scare off customers...

Let's hope it turns out well, otherwise future "super sales" by CWC won't seem so attractive to me.

What's their slogan: Greatness is no mistake...

Edited by Grey Hubs

Had a set of these a few years ago and also did a few "background checks" on the wheels.

I ALSO found a few guys on the web (International) who had the same Delaminating issue shown in the pictures...I think you have a good leg to stand on for a warranty claim. (Can not remember exactly on which site it was, but there were more than one complaining).

4 Pages and still no response from CWC.....

Running a shop perhaps. Otherwise the next complaint will be from a Hubber who went to the shop and the staff were all staring at their screens.

Could also be that the thread has been spotted and before they reply they just want to get all their ducks in a row by checking who was involved where and based on what a call was made.

On a busy Friday time flies in a bike shop. 

Running a shop perhaps. Otherwise the next complaint will be from a Hubber who went to the shop and the staff were all staring at their screens.

Could also be that the thread has been spotted and before they reply they just want to get all their ducks in a row by checking who was involved where and based on what a call was made.

On a busy Friday time flies in a bike shop.

Iwan, with all due respect, I cannot agree with the sarcasm of that statement.

CWC is happy to embrace the Hub when doing flash sales and promoting things. TheBikeHub and online is very much a part of their "shop", staring at screens is part of their business model.

I can however agree with the assumption that they might be getting their ducks in a row before responding though.

Iwan, with all due respect, I cannot agree with the sarcasm of that statement.

CWC is happy to embrace the Hub when doing flash sales and promoting things. TheBikeHub and online is very much a part of their "shop", staring at screens is part of their business model.

I can however agree with the assumption that they might be getting their ducks in a row before responding though.

All good. I would however think that with a flash sale they plan ahead and someone goes and sit down with the sole purpose of starting that thread. Those don't just pop up - they are planned.

Even so, not trying to fend for them just trying to say give the okes a gap. Same can be said of any other complaint. We are 1,000's on here everyday with lots of time to pop a quick reply - not the same for the average LBS.