Revised Environmental Management Programme (EMP) for cycling in the TMNP signed off

News bot

SANParks, the Table Mountain Mountain Bike (TMMTB) Forum, the Pedal Power Association and SANBI have over the past year been revising the 2002 Mountain Biking Environmental Management Programme (EMP) for the Table Mountain National Park (TMNP). An inclusive stakeholder process was undertaken and a draft of the revised EMP was released for public comment in April 2016.

Click here to view the article

The revised EMP becomes effective from 1 December 2016 when most of the additional routes will be sign posted and opened to public use.

in english - 20 days till we ride tokai again?!

in english - 20 days till we ride tokai again?!

We're trying to get clarification on this, or at least get them to open Tokai at the same time. For the moment not, just referring to the other now legal trails.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Absolutely massive news! Thank you, thank you thank you to all the people behind the scenes that paid for and facilitated this process!

Now to all cyclists-please don't become your own worst enemy. Let us do this right so that we don't lose this privilege or give anyone ANY ammunition against us!

Get your permit now, be courteous (remember most hikers will not realise that we are allowed on some trails now so please be polite in educating them), report suspicious activity to TMNP/SAPS (who knows the best number to phone?), do NOT go and race down trails-have fun but realise how scary fast mtbers seem to walkers/ the elderly. Slow down well before any other users, greet them (maybe pack a flask of tea to share with them?! Show them we are outside for the same love of nature as them!

Just be nice!

We're trying to get clarification on this, or at least get them to open Tokai at the same time. For the moment not, just referring to the other now legal trails.

which for the sake of clarity are........