1. 1. What segment do you ride in South Africa

• XC - Cross Country
    • AM - All Mountain
    • FR - Freeride
    • DH - Downhill
    • Road

Hi All.

Preparing for my move to South Africa.

This poll only allows 5 options, am keen to hear the segments within mtb you ride, have only put one segment for the road

Appreciate your votes, will help me gauge what is the big segments in RSA

Cheers

Whafe
Whafe2006-10-05 03:56:39

XC/AM and FR are done by most MTB'ers . But in my humble opinion XC is definitly the biggest .

Hear ya DR, it is hard to totally define them............. Are most XC riders riding weight weenie Hard tails? Or more Full Sus bikes.....

Is there many pure FR areas with jumps, teeters, drops etc etc etc

Cheers

Nope we are real men here and weight weenies are few and far betweenLOL , DS bike are very popular and even our top lady racers can be seen on DS bikes .

Depends where in the country you gonna be . In the lovely Cape you will find the most beautifull tracks that you could ever wish for , with a jump park of two . In Gauteng you will find a lot of XC type rides in nature reserves , with the odd bike park and skateboard park (being taken over by MTB'ers) . Then there is Mpumalanga where you will find the odd hill and lovely forests . So in short wherever you r in the country there will be place to ride .

Nope we are real men here and weight weenies are few and far betweenLOL ' date=' DS bike are very popular and even our top lady racers can be seen on DS bikes .

Depends where in the country you gonna be . In the lovely Cape you will find the most beautifull tracks that you could ever wish for , with a jump park of two . In Gauteng you will find a lot of XC type rides in nature reserves , with the odd bike park and skateboard park (being taken over by MTB'ers) . Then there is Mpumalanga where you will find the odd hill and lovely forests . So in short wherever you r in the country there will be place to ride .
[/quote']

Sounds good, i will more than likely be near the man made lake not too far from Pretoria. Have spent most of my time in the Western Cape, but will not be able to be based there. BUMMER too....

Am going to go and do a ride there with an online buddy form the Western Cape MintSauce, we will do the ride in the mountains above Ceres, have been going there for 4 years and everyone says there is no mtb rides, then I ask MintSause and he says hell yes. So am stoked to be headign there for a ride on my next visit, I guess before moving...

Glad there is loads of trails.....

Heap of roadies voting.............Smile

Daemon, look at the options, you will see Freeriding there...... No room for Trials, had it there, then changed it to Roadies. Glad I did, there is a heck of a lot of roadies....

Big ratio of Roadies to mtb riders... Picked this up, or os it that there is wat more roadies on this site..

What makes road cycling so popular in South Africa?

nice road side manner of motorists LOL

mmmmmmmmm at present kind of think the road side manner of Spanish motorists is non existent all round. Never had to risk my life so much.

The Spanish car company Seat, I feel like writing to them and asking why they bother having indicaters on their cars, cause they never get used...

Survived today though, naother day alive...Wink

We have lots of roadies because to put it plainly...we have some lovely roads with stunning scenery and you can go to these places in large groups.

On the MTB you can go higher to even more stunning places with the most breathtaking views, but very often not a lot of people know about these spots.