Anti-doping rule violation for top track cyclist: In-competition Test

News bot

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think before you guys judge her read what she has to say about it.

She went to to pharmacy for Sinustat, they did not have stock. The pharmacist gave her Actifed and said it's almost the same thing.

Guys do not judge before all the facts are known and do not draw nor make up conclusions. She has the right to appeal it let the process run its course.

For interest sake Coryx also has a substance in that we test yoy as positive in a window period of two days after consumption, how many of you use it for a cold?

Think before you guys judge her read what she has to say about it.

She went to to pharmacy for Sinustat, they did not have stock. The pharmacist gave her Actifed and said it's almost the same thing.

I feel for her. Unfortunately it happens too often, pro athletes should check their meds.

But is it not a pro cyclists obligation to know that?

Don't think they should know every substance, but yes for any pro athlete, it is at least their obligation to check

Here is a shocker, Beroca Boost is also illegal.

Wonder how many people knew that

ha ha, seriously? What is in it that makes it illegal?

I made a comment in another track - Another Adverse Analytical finding page 8 - this is an example off the controllers failing the sport in my opinion.

Pseudoephedrine has been on and off the banned list too many times and is way to easy to get even at your Local PnP.

Here is what Drug free sport says on it website which is rather vague as to how long it may last in your system / half life.

PSEUDOEPHEDRINE (iso-ephedrine) Category: PROHIBITED in-competition only
Last Upated: Mon, 19 Sep 2016
Information
Prohibited substance: PSEUDOEPHEDRINE - refer to section S6 (Stimulants) of the WADA 2016 Prohibited List.

Clarifying information (WADA):
- The established threshold levels may be reached by some individuals within 6-20 hours of intake of some formulations.
- Advise athletes to stop taking pills at least 24 hours before competition.
For therapeutic applications during the In-Competition period, consider the use of alternative permitted medications upon previous consultation with a physician, or apply for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) for the use of pseudoephedrine for therapeutic purpose(s).
Find out more and Search on wikipedia