2017 Jock entries now open – early bird entry discount

ASG

Entries are now open for the 2017 Bestmed Jock Tour and Classique. The One-Day, 3-Stage Bestmed Jock Classique takes place on 15 July 2017 while the 3-Day, 3-Stage Jock Tour takes place over the weekend of 15-17 September 2017.

post-16745-0-71709600-1479182513_thumb.jpg

ASG Events is offering a 15% early bird entry discount for riders who enter for either event before 30 November 2016.

The individual entry fee for the 2017 Jock Tour is R4 100, which means early birds will pay R3485.

The Amateur Teams entry fee (teams of 8 riders) for the 2017 Jock Tour is R32 800, which means early birds will pay R27 880

Jock Tour riders also have the option of doing a budget entry, which includes meals but excludes all race pack items. The budget entry cost is R2 800, which means early birds will pay R 2380.

The entry fee for the 2017 Jock Classique is R885, which means early birds will pay R752.

The Jock Classique will be limited to 800 riders while the Jock Tour will have a rider limit of 500.

Click here to view the Jock Tour entry package

Click here to view the Jock Tour budget entry package

The Jock Classique package consists of the following:

FOR EVERY JOCK MEDAL WORN AGAIN A CYCLIST IS BORN!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This year will be my first Classique event.  Just wanted to know how the supporters get to the end/start of each stage.

Thanks

This year will be my first Classique event.  Just wanted to know how the supporters get to the end/start of each stage.

Thanks

Drive in their own cars, well thats what my family does - not sure if there are organized spectator vehicles.

Drive in their own cars, well thats what my family does - not sure if there are organized spectator vehicles.

Thanks.

Do they leave ahead of each of the starts, or do they just overtake the riders during the race?

Do the tour instead of the classique. Means all stages end at the stadium :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Would like to, but not able to get off work.  But things may change by September.

Thanks.

Do they leave ahead of each of the starts, or do they just overtake the riders during the race?

Stage 1 they normally go for breakfast in whiteriver and then wait at the finish, stage 2 and 3 drive along the route and stop ahead and wait to come past. Only stopped at top of spitzkop and long tom so speeds are slower and no big bunches

Overall its a really lekker day out with the family, stops in between stages makes it worthwhile and enjoyable day out for everyone.

Edited by Jay_B

Stage 1 they normally go for breakfast in whiteriver and then wait at the finish, stage 2 and 3 drive along the route and stop ahead and wait to come past. Only stopped at top of spitzkop and long tom so speeds are slower and no big bunches

Overall its a really lekker day out with the family, stops in between stages makes it worthwhile and enjoyable day out for everyone.

Thanks

I have done the Kremetart twice and my wife went on the supporter bus, and she thoroughly enjoyed it.  Glad family are allowed on the route.

Looking forward to the event.

I just need to believe that I can fly I mean "climb" :mellow:

• 2 months later...

Its about 2400m i think.

Thanks, so a suffer fest for us fatties. while asking dumb questions are there cut offs? I aint a proficient cyclist I just enjoy cycling

ok, paid...never ridden 2457 metres of elevation in a dat before, fatty going to suffer long time. But hey, it is bound to be loads of fun.

ok, paid...never ridden 2457 metres of elevation in a dat before, fatty going to suffer long time. But hey, it is bound to be loads of fun.

Nice breakfast and lunch breaks to help split up that 2457m and the only real slog is Spitzkop & Longtom... 

Thanks.

The route is open, ie the roads are not closed, so assuming your supporters have a bucket load of patience to accommodate some random riding, they'll be fine. It can be quite stressful trying to drive past the cyclists though, so leaving before each stage starts and parking at a particular point is a good idea, but then they've still got to drive ahead through an active leg. Bucket loads of patience.....