Introducing the Imbi Bike Saver

News bot

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks really well thought out. But you need 2 and at R300 each.... Pool noodle is probably gonna stay where it is.

Exactly.........

I bought a set of these (R299 gets you 2 imbis) when they were still on kickstarter.

I only used them twice but i really like it. The initial stock's glue was *** so the valcro came of when you opened them, used a few staples to secure the valcro back on and its working perfectly.

I never used a pool noodle but if you have to transport more than 1 bicycle, get these.

Ps. i see from the pics it looks like the valcro is stitched on now rather than just glued. Good idea.

I like this .... there are very few things as frustrating as loading up the bikes and then realising you still need to fit the pool noodle.....or the freeking thing moves. Pool noodle is still better than nothing, but this product looks like a nice and durable solution.

seriously cycling is getting more like golf every day... little whatnots and baubles and gizmos and stuff and bling .....unbelievable....

Ps. i see from the pics it looks like the valcro is stitched on now rather than just glued. Good idea.

Hey Cobus,  good to see your name again!  Thanks for sticking with us (no pun intended) even with the issues we had with the terrible adhesive!

Yep, we changed to stitching to make them bulletproof.

pool noodle, plus the "green stretchy Teflon reusable cable tie things" and you are set. 

"green stretchy Teflon reusable cable tie things"

They are cheap and 10  or so in a packet. Buy them at  4x4 shops. 

They are rubbery and will not scratch the paint. 

(Sorry, for the live of me,  I can not google-find the name or picture of it)   

These work very well. I bought a set ages ago from CWC and use them on my Thule hanging rack for my kids bikes. Much better than a pool noodle and they dont get lost in transit somewhere along the freeway.

I find most racks bikes sit very close, this way I know non of the bikes will rub against each other.

Im very happy with how they work, just my 2 cents.

pool noodle, plus the "green stretchy Teflon reusable cable tie things" and you are set. 

"green stretchy Teflon reusable cable tie things"

They are cheap and 10  or so in a packet. Buy them at  4x4 shops. 

They are rubbery and will not scratch the paint. 

(Sorry, for the live of me,  I can not google-find the name or picture of it)   

bungee cord?

Hey Cobus,  good to see your name again!  Thanks for sticking with us (no pun intended) even with the issues we had with the terrible adhesive!

Yep, we changed to stitching to make them bulletproof.

Are you going to fix Cobus's one free of charge or send him some new ones? (If you haven't already). They aren't cheap so at least they should work 100%, especially if the guy went all out and supported you from the beginning..