Introducing the Imbi Bike Saver

News bot

That would be good marketing for sure.

The first versions like the ones I have had the issue with the velcro.

I also have re-glued mine a few time... just saying ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be good marketing for sure.

The first versions like the ones I have had the issue with the velcro.

I also have re-glued mine a few time... just saying ;)

Thanks for the support, Quinton. PM me your details to earle@imbicompany.com and we can make a plan. You can also swap it out at the bike shop you bought it from.

Are you going to fix Cobus's one free of charge or send him some new ones? (If you haven't already). They aren't cheap so at least they should work 100%, especially if the guy went all out and supported you from the beginning..

Great suggestion, thanks Skylark - we had the idea, but you beat us to it.  Good thing Cobus is a local Helderberger, so makes it a bit easier ;)

Hey Cobus,  good to see your name again!  Thanks for sticking with us (no pun intended) even with the issues we had with the terrible adhesive!

Yep, we changed to stitching to make them bulletproof.

Selfde adres, Cobus?

Nice idea, looks like a solid product... I can always appreciate a bit of ingenuity. Adhesives are never a very robust option long term though, glad you saw the light.

As for people comparing them to pool noodles, also not really fair - pool noodles definitely can shift around on long bumpy trips, which is exactly when things go horribly wrong. They're also a helluva lot more bulky.

The pricing is maybe a touch on the high side imho, but considering the price of bikes these days, it's a no brainer to keep them properly protected.

Good luck with the endeavor Earle 

Nice idea, looks like a solid product... I can always appreciate a bit of ingenuity. Adhesives are never a very robust option long term though, glad you saw the light.

As for people comparing them to pool noodles, also not really fair - pool noodles definitely can shift around on long bumpy trips, which is exactly when things go horribly wrong. They're also a helluva lot more bulky.

The pricing is maybe a touch on the high side imho, but considering the price of bikes these days, it's a no brainer to keep them properly protected.

Good luck with the endeavor Earle 

Thanks for the kind words Andrew. One of my greatest frustrations were the pool noodles disappearing, especially on the day that I return from a nice trip to the Weskus! 32deg C, and I'm scurrying around to find what the wind didn't blow away.

Wish I didn't have to be exposed to the USDZAR, but alas we couldn't find a reasonable manufacturer in ZA. At normal manufacturer, distributor, retailer margins it would have been R500 per set :( 

Thanks for the kind words Andrew. One of my greatest frustrations were the pool noodles disappearing, especially on the day that I return from a nice trip to the Weskus! 32deg C, and I'm scurrying around to find what the wind didn't blow away.

Wish I didn't have to be exposed to the USDZAR, but alas we couldn't find a reasonable manufacturer in ZA. At normal manufacturer, distributor, retailer margins it would have been R500 per set :(

Is it R300 for a set? If so it's good value in my eyes... sorry, was under the impression it was each. 

Is it R300 for a set? If so it's good value in my eyes... sorry, was under the impression it was each. 

My comparisons to the pool noodle were for when I thought it was R300 each (R600 per set).

I also think R300 for the set is good value. Definitely going to lose the pool noodle soon.

My comparisons to the pool noodle were for when I thought it was R300 each (R600 per set).

I also think R300 for the set is good value. Definitely going to lose the pool noodle soon.

Now I feel the love!