ASS MAGIC Chamois Cream, a premium chamois cream created in Cape Town

News bot

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope - placeholder content all over the place.

No contact phone number.

Email address does not match domain name.

Social media links not linking to respective content (or does not exist yet)

Hi Waveduke

Our site should have been completed but is not 100% done yet, our old site is https://assmagic.wordpress.com if you require anything else.

I have double tested the social media links and all seem to be working.

If you need anything else, please drop me a mail www.chis@88sports.co.za

Have a great day.

Thanks

Chris

Thanks for the feedback.

Milking cream is a good base cream and something we have used to experiment with when trying different formulations.

We have increased our lanolin content from what you would find in milking cream and have also added synthetic beeswax in order to make the cream somewhat thicker. We made the cream thicker based on feedback from our customers, the thicker cream has better anti-chafe properties.

We use 4 essential oils being Tea Tree, Witch Hazel, Lemon and Sweet Almond oil. Along with Zinc Oxide, this ensures that the cream is both anti-bacterial and anti fungal and if you should have a problem it does promote healing.

FiT chamois cream. Half the price !! And way better :-)

have tried fit ,assos and a few others. Ass magic is the only chamois cream I use. Just not the easiest to get a hold of. Both my locals don't stock it .

Edit: think thaba trails sell it now.

Edited by Pikey

Appreciate the support Spirog. Thank you

This is not a loaded question, really. Why is AM better than J&J baby bum cream or similar I have been using?

I bought 6 tubs of the ASSOS cream on a CWC sale a while ago at R120 a tub... Ass Magic works fine but I prefer ASSOS. 

I have also used baby bum cream for a long time which works 100% for anti-chafing but it doesnt have anything in it to assist the healing/recovery process.

In my experience I can use any shammy cream and as long as I have some on it works (FiT, BioGen etc. and even Fissan paste), only ever used it at stage races and 24 hour/endurance events. For normal 1 day events and training nothing ....

The problem comes when there is already an issue (chafing, saddle sore and so on). I would think that then it is important to choose something that has the correct ingredients to also help with healing?

I never use the stuff for training rides or races.  Will only use it if doing stage races and use Bennetts bum cream.  I have tried the Biogen.

Can happily do a 5hr ride without... good bibs, bike set up and a saddle am comfortable on, current one have had for 2 years.

What property does the zinc-oxide provide. Used in sun screens ?

Hi gtr1

The zinc oxide helps promote healing if you do have skin irratation/saddle sore.

have tried fit ,assos and a few others. Ass magic is the only chamois cream I use. Just not the easiest to get a hold of. Both my locals don't stock it .

Edit: think thaba trails sell it now.

Hi Pikey

Where are you based? We will let you know what the closest retailers to your are.

Thanks for the support.