PPA demands swift and decisive action after horrific cycling crash in Gauteng

News bot

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darrel!!

Indeed you are correct, it is spelt this way! Just went and checked John W's post to confirm!  :thumbup:

(Is that you Darrel?)

Edited by Tubehunter

let see if any cyclist protest outside the court...

that fella is lucky he went between the vehicles and wasnt hit by the bakkie or ridden over by the taxi...his bike took quite a beating.

the taxi driver pays a fine for not having a license and a fine for vehicle not being road worthy...and nothing changes..

cyclists get killed by drunk drivers...and hit by drunk drivers...even police vehicles get rammed by drunk drivers while attending to accidents and nothing gets done about it...a taxi driver with no license and an unroadworthy vehicle...i doubt much is gona happen...read this article.

http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/2016/02/23/unroadworthy-cars-causing-mayhem-on-sa-roads

Now this is more like it!!

Lets hope they keep fighting this and that it isnt merely a chest puffing.

maybe they read the thread on here about how they never do anything ................... :ph34r:

so yes lets hope they do something and its not just PR :huh:

Apparently the driver didn't have a licence and the car wasn't road worthy or licenced to. Lets hope stricter action is taken against these bastards and not just a slap on the wrist.  :angry:

Saw the post this morning that the guy does not even work for the company that is on his "ID" paper.

He should have been locked up for about 5 offences at least. 

maybe they read the thread on here about how they never do anything ................... :ph34r:

so yes lets hope they do something and its not just PR :huh:

My commitment is not to comment on which I think it is.

Other than to say it happened on Wednesday and a press release was issued on Friday. Despite being all over social media on Wednesday.  Which again is factual.

Saw the post this morning that the guy does not even work for the company that is on his "ID" paper.

He should have been locked up for about 5 offences at least. 

Justice would be a few years in jail for attempted manslaughter, or should this be attempted murder? This was not just an accident.

let see if any cyclist protest outside the court...

that fella is lucky he went between the vehicles and wasnt hit by the bakkie or ridden over by the taxi...his bike took quite a beating.

the taxi driver pays a fine for not having a license and a fine for vehicle not being road worthy...and nothing changes..

What court? All the documentation was fake. The driver is gone. Never existed. From what I read.