PPA demands swift and decisive action after horrific cycling crash in Gauteng

News bot

Justice would be a few years in jail for attempted manslaughter, or should this be attempted murder? This was not just an accident.

Exactly.. there was something malicious in the driver's actions for sure. Straight stretch of road with good visibility.. and the obvious law breaking that brought on the situation in the first place. This was intentional.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look I don't profess to know anything about ppa, I only picked up the name error because of growing up racing offroad/mx, him and his boet are very well known. But if you gonna be making press releases and demanding actions you should just check the details before posting...

And the SAPS van that drove past on the right in the video didn't even bother to stop mmmm

Would be VERY surprised if anything actually happens to the driver of the taxi...

Sorry to say, this dude got off with a ticket....with no ID, no drivers license reference, therefore the ticket is null and void...so he got away...

There is no tracing him from now on in...

Why the cops didn't throw him in the slammer from the word go I do not understand...Oh wait...

I got stopped one day on my way home from work and I left my wallet/drivers license at the office, because I couldn't produce it there and then the cop wanted to impound my scooter, and throw me in jail for the night. I got off with some smooth talking and the promise I would produce my license to him the next day...I went to his station at the time given, he wasn't there, so I basically got chased out for wasting other cop's time....

At least PPA said something !!! Where are the people that takes you license money and extorts money out of race organizers ? 

VERY good question!

At least PPA said something !!! Where are the people that takes you license money and extorts money out of race organizers ? 

Maybe processing his R20,000 insurance claim for medical expenses assuming he is a member?

Maybe processing his R20,000 insurance claim for medical expenses assuming he is a member?

Would be nice to see a news release from CSA to hear what they have to say about the incident?

I love this.... thank you PPA !!! Its about time someone uses their weight on these type of guys hitting us on the roads...

Ill make sure I pay all my PPA subs asap every year...as this for sure goes a long way !

#staywiderofthePPArider

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Does this mean the PPA is active in GP now?

I chatted with them a few years ago at the 94.7 Expo (in Sandton) and they said they didn't have officers/offices in this region as yet, but that sure would be a great idea if they could activate here and help do something about the diabolical situation cyclists face on the roads. Other (psuedo) organisations here are much ado about nothing.

Looks like the only way to stop these law breaking taxi drivers, and taxi owners for that matter, because they are allowing a non licenced driver drive their non roadworthy vehicle, is to impound the taxi! Then we will see the worms come out of the woodwork! The taxi owners have been getting away with this type of crime for too long now! The real issue the PPA needs to bring to the SAP and Metro police is why they fear these taxi owners so much and let them get away with this time and again! Why was the driver not arrested? Does it take a fatality to impose the law properly?

You seem to forget how powerful the taxi lobby is. After all they were instrumental in our current president getting elected to lead his party at the 2007 conference. And we all know how he rewards that sort of thing.

Luckily in Cape Town taxis appear to be the most bike aware of all drivers. Certainly in central city and the southern suburbs.

Luckily in Cape Town taxis appear to be the most bike aware of all drivers. Certainly in central city and the southern suburbs.

Agreed. You are much more likely to get a friendly wave and a little joke from a minibus taxi than from a 4x4 moms taxi.