How to get tubeless to seal properly

Guest @BAZA

Hi i have a 650B running tubeless had Rocket rons they wer perfect

just replaced with Racing Ralph liteskin now every morning tiers are soft

found that the ralph has many pin holes in side wall about 2inch apart at what could be moulding mark but sealant seems to have sorted that cant find leaks with soap and water

what to do tks

found that the ralph has many pin holes in side wall about 2inch apart at what could be moulding mark but sealant seems to have sorted that cant find leaks with soap and water

what to do tks

Have you done a decent ride with wheels i.e. off road with some rough terrain?  A good ride like that often seats the tires nicely.

Also try over inflating a bit and reducing the pressure a couple times...

what to do tks

I also had the same issue with rocket Ron's and racing Ralph's. Sorted it out by putting in a generous amount of sealant, over inflating to about 3.5 bar and then shaking, rotating and spinning the wheel for a good 5 minutes. I especially shook the wheel so that sealant was hitting the rim tape and sidewalls.

You definitely need to take the bike for a decent ride too to have the wheels settle.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have racing ralphs

they also where very leaky with small pinholes in sidewall

they drive me nuts but they ride all day fine at whatever pressure (usually for a few days)

over inflating sorted it out but they still go softer over a week or two so there is still a tiny leak somewhere (or maybe everywhere) :wacko:

maybe I should stick more sealent in :thumbup:

Edited by bikebloke

Rocket Rons' and Racing Ralphs' sidewalls are very porous so use more sealant and place the tyre on it side on a open bucket so the sealant can seal the sidewalls

ok striped the hub and cluster got wheel submerged in pool 10min no bubbles will try new tap and extra sealent

It can take a few days but do the following:

Check valve and tape and add sealant.

Pump tyres, but not to hard. If you blow it off the rim you will be deaf for a while, spend days wiping sealant off ceilings and walls and have destroyed the bead for ever.

Slosh the sealant arount and balance the wheel horizontally on a cardboard box so the sealant pools along the sidewalls.

Periodically slosh and turn the wheel around so that both sidewalls get a chance to seal.

It will eventually seal.

What worked for me was to over inflate tyre to 3.5 -4 bar. Then use the stans technique of rolling ture about and then leaving flat for 5 min or so on each side.

The over inflation forces sealant into the tiny holes that dont for some reason get sealed otherwise. Just remeber to deflate before riding again :-)

I did this after 3 weeks of riding and loosing half pressure during the ride and now its fine for weeks

It can take a few days but do the following:

Check valve and tape and add sealant.

Pump tyres, but not to hard. If you blow it off the rim you will be deaf for a while, spend days wiping sealant off ceilings and walls and have destroyed the bead for ever.

Slosh the sealant arount and balance the wheel horizontally on a cardboard box so the sealant pools along the sidewalls.

Periodically slosh and turn the wheel around so that both sidewalls get a chance to seal.

It will eventually seal.

^^this

I pump mine around 2bar and then bounce them around for a few minutes. I repeat throughout the day, I've got thunderburts that hang in the garage for weeks before they need to be pumped.

T

are the pin holes on Ralph's a design fault that can be taken up with the supplier

Racing ralph and rocket rons always do this for the first few weeks, depending on how much u ride....thereafter they will seal like normal. Just make sure you put in enough sealant and be patient in the beginning.

Last year when i put in new stans sealant my rocket runs took about a week to stop going down significantly over night. I have not replaced the sealant since then   :oops:  (lazy arse i know) but have not ridden my mtb for about 3 or 4 months now :blush:  :blush:  and the tyres have only gone down slightly...despite the sealant having turning to goo and snot asteroids long ago.

Edited by SwissVan