Guidance - Insurance claim

-Gazza-

Post a fall I managed to crack my frame. 2013 Scott scale 920, insurance have advised that they don't repair, They only replace, which I support!

The race is now on to get this resolved quickly, I'm losing cycling time. I'm looking to get a formal quote from a shop who has a great relationship with Scott SA who can source the frame ASAP

Can you guys help with a few recommendations

Update - I stay in Randpark Ridge and work in Sandton but happy to travel around if needed

Thanks

Edited by -Gazza-

Post a fall I managed to crack my frame. 2013 Scott scale 920, insurance have advised that they don't repair, They only replace, which I support!

The race is now on to get this resolved quickly, I'm losing cycling time. I'm looking to get a formal quote from a shop who has a great relationship with Scott SA who can source the frame ASAP

Can you guys help with a few recommendations

Thanks

Crown in Cape Town have a great relationship with Scott.

*Did not see your location till after posting.

Edited by Pure Savage

Thanks, but was hoping for a reference backed up with a recommendation based on first hand experience.

Linden cycles - chat to Neville or Jonene

Thanks everyone, been an eye opening experience.

Lesson: If you are going to toss your bike do it properly, replacing just a frame isn't a quick process. Turn around time on a new bike is a few day, just a frame 7 weeks and very expensive.

Lesson: If you are going to toss your bike do it properly, replacing just a frame isn't a quick process. Turn around time on a new bike is a few day, just a frame 7 weeks and very expensive.

N+1  :whistling:

Who's the insurer?

A lot depends on what brand you ride, I had a silverback frame replaced within 24 hours and Pyga off the shelf.

Expensive, there is no doubt about that.

T