Tour de France legends to ride in Absa Cape Epic

News bot

Don't bring me into this... That is a very old article and not even the one I got my avatar selfie from.

YOU ARE FABIO? [emoji33] [emoji6]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mmm, so the ABSA cape epic is now more or less a road race, give or take ... but on dirt. So sort of your average day during the spring classics. Thats just EPIC.

*dive ............tuck.............. roll*

mmm, so the ABSA cape epic is now more or less a road race, give or take ... but on dirt. So sort of your average day during the spring classics. Thats just EPIC.

*dive ............tuck.............. roll*

The fine print has me rolling ..........but for a different reason :D  :D

They also have upward of 4 months to train , so should they choose to , they could be VERY competitive .

They also have access to methods and products that certain amateurs can only dream of.

Must have been a good ad as I even remember the name of the bike, Nishiki NFS Altron. WHo would have thought a ladyboy triathlete was a good way to advertise a bicycle.

You can't make this sh** up. Just when you think the Epic has rid itself of the unsavoury Evans/George combo they spring this surprise on us.

Yip, I agree.

Furthermore the invitation is now...old dopers welcome, new ones not.

Crazy....

"Wanda has built a full industry value chain that includes event organizing, athlete representation, event marketing and rebroadcasting, which will greatly enhance Wanda's influence on the global sports stage and accelerate Wanda's strategic advancement in the industry."

Epic took a different direction some time ago, but it didn't crack the major league in terms of money potential, it did remain principled. Ironman/ WTC/ Wanda represent a whole different league. That suit that Kevin wore once a year to the route launch is about to be retired for a whole new wardrobe, the Chinese like suits. Got to hand it to him, one of few deals in sport last year that seem to bring in foreign capital.

About principles and policies - well I think you just need to look at ASO, nobody wants to see the 'best' riders sitting on the sidelines, sure huff and puff at them because of a failed test here or there, but they have to be on the start line.

Welcome to the big league.

Must have been a good ad as I even remember the name of the bike, Nishiki NFS Altron. WHo would have thought a ladyboy triathlete was a good way to advertise a bicycle.

The mullet is the icing on the cake though!