Bike Check: Greg Minnaar's Santa Cruz V10

Bike Hub Features

Other than being one of the world's greatest downhill racers, Greg Minnaar is also a co-founder of the Crank Chaos mountain bike festival. Like a good host, Greg spent most of the event on his bike ensuring that all the riders were having a great time. Craig Kolesky managed to catch up with Greg in the Lesotho mountains for a closer look at his Santa Cruz V10 CC downhill bike.

Click here to view the article

Love that silver and black paintjob. Reminds me of Mclaren F1 cars of a few years back.

what was the relegation-inducing minor damage?

What a legend. If you consider just how tiny the talent pool of SA downhillers is it makes his achievements even more remarkable.

Note the non Saint brake rotors. Chris King hubs are 6 bolt hubs. I've got a set of ex Minnaar ENVE's with Chris King hubs in my storeroom waiting for a bike to go onto.

XXL frame and then still running an offset headset to main more toptube length!!!

That with the wide bars and short stem must get a certain Mr Miles a bit hot under the collar........

Interesting running a road cycling cassette, closer ratio possibly?

Ja. Downhillers often run close ratio roadie cassettes.

XXL frame and then still running an offset headset to main more toptube length!!!

That with the wide bars and short stem must get a certain Mr Miles a bit hot under the collar........

lighter as well

Ja. Downhillers often run close ratio roadie cassettes.

True. I've wondered how relevant the 10spd Saint and Zee drivetrains are for the WC crowd. I've seen that a few guys run hacked 10spd drivetrains as 7spd.

It might be helpful to okes riding tracks that are not that steep.

True. I've wondered how relevant the 10spd Saint and Zee drivetrains are for the WC crowd. I've seen that a few guys run hacked 10spd drivetrains as 7spd.

It might be helpful to okes riding tracks that are not that steep.

I've got Saint 10 speed on my DH bike. I think it's 26-11. Ja the tracks in Europe you only use the easy gears to get to the lift station. The speed on the tracks has very little to do with the gear ratios you run. Well for a pleb like me at least.