L’Étape South Africa

carbon29er

They are representing a very big brand.

Wonder how the brand holder feels about all this.

Nail...hammer....boom!

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nail...hammer....boom!

Maybe let it play out a bit and see if we can find a suitable email address

should there not be a solution.

Tom this looks like a super ride.  Maybe we can organise it one day between a few clubs, backup vehicle etc etc etc.  Each person contribute to costs and then contribute another amount to a charity.  Will work out costing much less than an "official" event and this ride will really be an adventure

Keen!

They are doing everything to fix the road.. but are avoiding my question regarding road closures..

(And they only responded to my tweet after I had included TDF handle.)

Sorry this seems like a real **** show.

If they haven't sorted out road closure by now they won't be by next week..so that will be me..I will go play in Karloof or Howick instead... I am very moerig about this. Safety is my only concern of I can't be safe I am not interested, no matter how much I have trained and prepared..not worth it to me.

I'll collect my goodie bag but that will be it.. damn pricy goodie bag.

Edited by Gen

Tom this looks like a super ride.  Maybe we can organise it one day between a few clubs, backup vehicle etc etc etc.  Each person contribute to costs and then contribute another amount to a charity.  Will work out costing much less than an "official" event and this ride will really be an adventure

Just make sure your brakes work and you have your climbing legs with you!  It is a mineshaft down into the valley and a mountain up the other side.  Not called the Valley of a1000 Hills for nothing.  Tom killed us the last time we did it with him!

They are doing everything to fix the road.. but are avoiding my question regarding road closures..

If they haven't sorted out road closure by now they won't be by next week..so that will be me..I will go play in Karloof or Howick instead... I am very moerig about this. Safety is my only concern of I can't be safe I am not interested, no matter how much I have trained and prepared..not worth it to me.

What tweets? I don't see anything?

Just make sure your brakes work and you have your climbing legs with you!  It is a mineshaft down into the valley and a mountain up the other side.  Not called the Valley of a1000 Hills for nothing.  Tom killed us the last time we did it with him!

Lol  that day I took you on the easiest route Daryl :)

That way I took you was one of about 5 ways in and out on the Kloof/Hillcrest side alone. 

There are 3 other big climbs hidden in the back side that I've personally done, and about 3 others that I know are there but I haven't got round to yet.

And then there's that one single tarred climb out the back via Nagle Dam to Wartburg that only a few people have ever cycled (according to Strava at least). It's a gem because it's the only true crossing of the Valley and makes for an epic ride. One over the top at Harburg, you've got the choice of going round via PMB or the opposite direction to Ballito.

I have it on good authority, that, as things stand, road permissions have not yet been given by the local authorities and we can lay to rest any pipe dreams around road closure.

There is a meeting currently on the go to seek resolution, with relevant authorities, including CSA, in attendance.

Will update once I have feedback

I so hope that it is sorted out as I can't imagine the disappointment you will feel if it isn't. I have been following your updates regarding your training etc. and was looking forward to your account of the race.

Hope it all comes right.