Review: Specialized MotoDiva

Kylie

The MotoDiva are women’s specific all-round mountain bike shoes from Specialized. They feature the popular Boa dial for quick and easy fastening and adjustment, as well as an injection moulded nylon sole with SlipNot rubber tread for good grip when not on two wheels. They also have a hard moulded toe box for extra protection in the event of rock strikes.

Click here to view the article

As quoted in the review: "The highlight of the shoe is the Boa system for fastening and release.  .......  Despite its fragile appearance, the Boa wire is robust, and the system is backed by a lifetime guarantee."

I have two pairs of S-Works 2011 mtb shoes with both operating on these fastening devices. (bought the second pair because of lack in spares at my LBS. Everything is replaceable on them but they rather force you to buy new ones.) The inner wheels wear out and then you struggle to get replacement spares. Even got the story by one LBS that it is time to replace the shoe because they don't keep stock when shoe is older than 5 years.

So keep in mind that you need to maintain/replace these fasteners @+-R110 per single wheel at intervals.