Dutoitskloof - gravel options?

vaalkol

Are there gravel / off-road routes that would allow one to get from Paarl to Wellington on the Dutoitskloof side - perhaps climbing up to the Dutoitskloof Pass tar road from Paarl and the down again to Wellington?

From Paarl's side, you can go up the mountain into Hawequa plantation from Sontraal Rd, climb all the way up to the "summit" of Dutoitskloof pass, and then make your way down to Beulah on Wellington's side. There are some single tracks there as well, but not so easy to find as it's unmarked. 

Strava segment search that sh*t.

From Paarl's side, you can go up the mountain into Hawequa plantation from Sontraal Rd, climb all the way up to the "summit" of Dutoitskloof pass, and then make your way down to Beulah on Wellington's side. There are some single tracks there as well, but not so easy to find as it's unmarked. 

Strava segment search that sh*t.

Thx - will have a look

Stefmeister nailed it...it's a great route. Do you need a map?

That would be great. Had a look on Google Maps, but still not really sure

hey don't PM...put it here for the rest of us please :)

But it's so slow! My time I mean...

OK here goes...it's a Strava profile...still trying to create a map...

https://www.strava.com/routes/3335810

I can also show you where the single track is...but I'm a "***" climber and really slow so whoever wants to know - from me at least - needs to have patience.

Enjoy the mountain! Its my nirvana up there. Prefer it to Paarl mountain as it is perfectly quiet up there normally I am all alone up there. I must mention though they are cutting down the trees so thats a bit of a bummer!