The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My last classics season where I'm restricted to stream coverage. Moving to Ghent on the 26th of April 2017. You know 2018 is gonna be a mad party.

You need to go watch some of the track 6 day racing when you are there.  I streamed the Ghent 6 day last Sunday with Wiggo and Cav who won the event on the very last race.  The track racing was crazy on such a small track and the crowd atmosphere was awesome... was a cross between an octoberfest and track race, with loud music, beer flowing, sold out crowd singing, lights, music and intense racing!!... even the commentators were getting into the spirit ... am sure they were enjoying the beer whilst commentating!!

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/racing/bradley-wiggins-mark-cavendish-win-ghent-six-day-301022

Am sure there are plenty of YouTubes of the event. here 2

Edited by shaper

In a recent interview, Sagz will be prioritising Paris-Roubaix

A bit of a lottery, just like MSR

Let's see....

Ja a tough one to win hey.. a lot needs to go right on the day.. at least Fabulous won't be falling down in front of him next year[emoji102]

Damn I still think those two would've closed the gap had Cancellara not fallen..they were working so well together.

Edited by Gen

Ghent 6

Oh definitely. The 6 days of Ghent will be a must. 5000 cycling mad fans packed into that arena is going to be unreal. Expect pictures, maybe a few crummy videos and I will expect a whole lot of envy in return :3

I can hardly wait.

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Already seems like forever since we had some lekker cycling to watch....BRING IT ON QUICK.

Oh definitely. The 6 days of Ghent will be a must. 5000 cycling mad fans packed into that arena is going to be unreal. Expect pictures, maybe a few crummy videos and I will expect a whole lot of envy in return :3

We demand pictures in order for you to get envy :thumbup:

Strade Bianchi news:

EXTRA KMS IN WHITE ROADS ADDED ????????????

The men’s race, which takes place on Saturday, March 4, will be 175 kilometres in length and will include 11 sections of dirt road totalling 61.9 kilometres. The 2016 edition of the race featured 52.8 kilometres of dirt road spread across 9 sectors.

Strade Bianchi honors Spartacus:

The race once again begins and ends in Siena, with the traditional grand finale on the Piazza del Campo after a short, steep climb into the heart of the Tuscan city. Sector 8 of dirt road, the 11.5-kilometre stretch at Monte Sante Marie, has been renamed in honour of Fabian Cancellara, who claimed a record third victory in Strade Bianche during his final season in 2016.

READ MORE HERE

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/more-dirt-road-sectors-for-strade-bianche-in-2017/

Attention, all Classics fans!!!

2017 TOUR OF FLANDERS COURSE UNVEILED ????????????????????

The length of the course has been increased by a mere couple of kilometres to give a total distance of 259.5 kilometres, which will once again feature 18 hellingen – the short, sharp, and often cobbled climbs that are emblematic of the second Monument of the season.