The Classics

'Dale

Attention, all Classics fans!!!

2017 TOUR OF FLANDERS COURSE UNVEILED ????????????????????

The length of the course has been increased by a mere couple of kilometres to give a total distance of 259.5 kilometres, which will once again feature 18 hellingen – the short, sharp, and often cobbled climbs that are emblematic of the second Monument of the season.

How many sleeps [emoji57]

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a recent interview, Sagz will be prioritising Paris-Roubaix

A bit of a lottery, just like MSR

Let's see....

Ja but Sagz is the one guy who can target PR and win it. It will be an interesting race next year!

Edit: my new phone doesn't speak South African yet!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Edited by Mntboy

Women's racing:

The women’s Tour of Flanders will also include the famous Muur-Kapelmuur climb, added back into the men’s race for 2017. As well the race will be longer with a total distance of 153km, which is now allowable after the UCI recently increased the maximum distances for women’s races.

Strade Bianchi ala 'White Roads'

See white road segments in grey areas depicted in this chart

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2016/11/30/1/sb_me_17_alt_670.jpg

Always a tough one.. now it will be even more special

Always a tough one.. now it will be even more special

Busy reading an interesting book about the PR sportive and the PR itself. The writer in preparing for the sportive he did a ride near Oxford that was being referred to as the 'Black roads' which is based on the Strade. Will have to check the book for the exact name but it's fascinating to see these sorts of events existing outside of the main races on the World Tour.

Busy reading an interesting book about the PR sportive and the PR itself. The writer in preparing for the sportive he did a ride near Oxford that was being referred to as the 'Black roads' which is based on the Strade. Will have to check the book for the exact name but it's fascinating to see these sorts of events existing outside of the main races on the World Tour.

Yeah.. my buddy has 4/5 cobbles on his mantle. And the same amount of Flanders completed..

They also have different distances that you can do.

He keeps on saying that he wants to do more Ardennes sportives but doesn't seem to get round to it.[emoji23]

Yeah.. my buddy has 4/5 cobbles on his mantle. And the same amount of Flanders completed..

They also have different distances that you can do.

He keeps on saying that he wants to do more Ardennes sportives but doesn't seem to get round to it.[emoji23]

Yeah the writer of the book, 'The Hell of the North', tells of a guy who did the 40k ride on a Pennyfarthing of all things! He also interspersed his account of doing the PR sportive with the history of the PR. All I can say is that I am glad that back in the late 19th century the French lived track and long distance cycling. Otherwise we might never have had the PR at all.

So I actually got the name of the book wrong, it's called "To Hell on a bike" written by Iain MacGregor. An interesting read for the fans of PR!

d8bdaf3385816276ad55929dc74e37b7.jpg

There will be no more podium girls at TDU.

Are we likely to see this for the women racers at the Spring races?

And firm handshakes for the men by dudes in white Calvin Klein tee-shirts?

20160327-144931kopie1-e1459266485533.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I actually got the name of the book wrong, it's called "To Hell on a bike" written by Iain MacGregor. An interesting read for the fans of PR!

d8bdaf3385816276ad55929dc74e37b7.jpg

That looks so good hey ????????

"In 2017, I will start my season the same way as I did the past two years. I will ride eight one-day races in the first half of the season. I will definitely race the Omloop Het Nieuwsblad and Strade Bianche. Then I will choose three races from this quartet: Milan-Sanremo, Dwars door Vlaanderen, E3 Harelbeke and Gent-Wevelgem. Afterwards, I will take part in the Ronde van Vlaanderen and then probably in the Brabantse Pijl and Amstel Gold Race."

Benoot, Lotto-Soudal

That looks so good hey ????????

Finding it very enjoyable even though I've been a bit busy at work to continue with reading it.