The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see DSTv has ditched this too.  Up to last year, they were quite good covering most races and certainly all the single day races.  

F.......K

the results of people voting with feet and wallets. 

Did anyone watch Nokere Koerse yesterday?

I love it when the underdogs win - pity about Cav hitting the deck 6km from the finish. Would have been interesting to see how his sprint form is...

I watched the last hour or so. 

The roads and cobbles were quite treacherous, there were always going to be crashes. 

I  also hope to see a race where Cav will be in a position to sprint for the win.. even if only for old times sake as this season will probably be his last.

MSR

Cross tailwind apparently at the finalè that may favourite Poggio attackers ????

No rain, sunny ????

Moscon out

Can Ganna surprize ????????

Mathieu van der Poel on Milan- San Remo:

"The first 150 to 200 kilometres are just riding in a bunch and trying not to fall asleep, so it's not really my favourite kind of racing" 

Still hoping that PhilGil will be able to add MSR to his palmares but that boat has probably already sailed.

Heart agrees completely.

Head:

The 3 Amigos will want to go hard on the 2nd half of the Poggio. As soon as one of them launches, the other two will follow. MvdP wins the sprint in this scenario.

Things will be too hectic on the Cipressa and the Poggio for Sam Bennett to hang on. If he somehow makes it within touching distance of a compact main group, he will smoke them all for the win.

Only way anyone else wins this is if they attack on or after the Cipressa and there is a disorganised/disrupted chase. This is where Gilbert has his opportunity, maybe he takes people like Gogl, Betiol, Pederson with him to stay away and then outfoxes them in the finish.

DSTv stepped up...

MSR live from 10h30-18h30...

Cool - but was planning to watch on GCN+ anyway - perfect alternative to the garbage DSTV dishes out daily at a gezillionth of the price. Since it is ad free - No Marriot ad every 3 minutes - I might just still do that

Edited by pedal menace

Heart agrees completely.

Head:

The 3 Amigos will want to go hard on the 2nd half of the Poggio. As soon as one of them launches, the other two will follow. MvdP wins the sprint in this scenario.

Things will be too hectic on the Cipressa and the Poggio for Sam Bennett to hang on. If he somehow makes it within touching distance of a compact main group, he will smoke them all for the win.

Only way anyone else wins this is if they attack on or after the Cipressa and there is a disorganised/disrupted chase. This is where Gilbert has his opportunity, maybe he takes people like Gogl, Betiol, Pederson with him to stay away and then outfoxes them in the finish.

Fascinating this... considering all the permutations. my thoughts are that anyone going to the line in a break with any of the top 3 will be aiming at being fresh as a daisy when they get there and will back their sprint against a fatigued JA/MvA/VDP. Then again, a fatigued VDP can honk out 1300W, so there's that. And JA has that wicked mobile-chicane-move, so always dangerous there. And WvA can seemingly claw his way onto any wheel, and can probably claw his way away from any wheel too.

I doubt the big 3 will get to the line alone, but if they did... 

DSTv stepped up...

MSR live from 10h30-18h30...

Really? oh yay!

I checked the supersport website earlier this morning and didn't see it

Fascinating this... considering all the permutations. my thoughts are that anyone going to the line in a break with any of the top 3 will be aiming at being fresh as a daisy when they get there and will back their sprint against a fatigued JA/MvA/VDP. Then again, a fatigued VDP can honk out 1300W, so there's that. And JA has that wicked mobile-chicane-move, so always dangerous there. And WvA can seemingly claw his way onto any wheel, and can probably claw his way away from any wheel too.

I doubt the big 3 will get to the line alone, but if they did... 

This must be the cyborg Mathieu van Aert I've heard about. Built to end all cycling.