The Classics

'Dale

Makes Stannard's win against the Wolf pack a few years back even more special.

edit: at Het Nieusblad, not E3 - against 3 DQS riders.

Edited by Frosty

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes Stannard's win against the Wolf pack a few years back even more special.

edit: at Het Nieusblad, not E3 - against 3 DQS riders.

I'll never forget that, old man Pat is probably still spitting about that.

Does anyone need know if DSTV is will be broadcasting Ghent Wevelgem on Sunday. Seems like GCN is not showing the race live.

Does anyone need know if DSTV is will be broadcasting Ghent Wevelgem on Sunday. Seems like GCN is not showing the race live.

a VPN FTW, allowing one to watch on the GCN app.

They gotta find ways of stopping the Danes from winning these days :-)

I'm still amazed that a country with only 6 million people, a looooong cold winter and not a single mountain can produce this many Pro Tour riders!

It gets worse

After the UCI and race organisers would have given the team the green light, yesterday the Covid doctor in charge of the E3 race imposed a 7-day quarantine on two-thirds of the team, although it is completely unclear what criteria were used to determine who falls under this.

Press Releases | 28.03.2021

BORA - hansgrohe denied start at Gent-Wevelgem

After the UCI and race organisers would have given the team the green light, yesterday the Covid doctor in charge of the E3 race imposed a 7-day quarantine on two-thirds of the team, although it is completely unclear what criteria were used to determine who falls under this.

"I am very disappointed and angry. A GP from the region can block an entire team in one of the largest one-day races in the world. We had a positive Corona case with Walls and have the roommate and a physio as category 1 contact persons. That they have to be isolated and quarantined is absolutely clear. However, we of course have other riders and staff on site, so a part of them were also ordered to be in quarantine, but only some of them. Who was selected and the reasons are completely unclear and it seems rather arbitrary. Honestly, I can't understand why other teams are allowed to race after similar cases. We tried everything last night, but the doctor didn't even answer us anymore. It would be nice to at least understand how he has justified his decisions. We are testing every day at the moment and all the tests so far have been negative, without exception. The part of the team that has been quarantined will be quarantined until 1 April. This also means that we cannot start at Dwars Door Vlaanderen." - Ralph Denk, Team Manager

https://www.bora-hansgrohe.com/en/news/argonnews202103gent-covid/argonnews202103gent-covid/518888691

With Sagan coming into form (he was due to ride Dwars) this is a big blow to the team's Flanders preparation as they can't train together and fine tune things before Flanders

It's a colossal F up.

Edited by Gen

Eish, this gogga.

Yeah, no other choice but to follow the science.

Glad races are not cancelled, hey.

Next week, Ronde van Vlaanderen!

This race is all over the place. Whoosshhhhh!

Wout is in the break too, alongside a Stepper in Bennett, who may or may not get over the hellingen that is more or less scattered halfway across the parcourse.