The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Groenewegen's suspension was questionable, but if that's the precedent, then the same MUST follow here. sure, there was no horrible outcome here, but the penalty that follows must be as if there was. my 2c on this.

additionally, Bouhanni has a history in incidents like this and I feel it's imperative the UCI bring that into deliberations on further outcomes. unless they think socks are more important.

I'm pretty certain that the Cofidis DS is happier now though...

https://www.uci.org/amp/uci-statement-concerning-nacer-bouhanni/SGhmVFN0Wm9tZXVQSUc3bHF4NEVUcDk2SEFFPQ2

UCI Statement concerning Nacer Bouhanni

Mar 29, 2021, 11:45 AM

The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) firmly condemns the dangerous conduct of the rider Nacer Bouhanni (Team Arkea-Samsic), who  pushed Jake Stewart (Groupama-FDJ) into the barriers during the final sprint of the Cholet-Pays de la Loire (a Class 1.1 UCI Europe Tour event) in France on Sunday.

Bouhanni was disqualified by the UCI Commissaires’ Panel based on TV images.

The UCI has decided to refer the incident to its Disciplinary Commission and demand the imposition of sanctions that are appropriate to the seriousness of this action.

https://www.uci.org/amp/uci-statement-concerning-nacer-bouhanni/SGhmVFN0Wm9tZXVQSUc3bHF4NEVUcDk2SEFFPQ2

UCI Statement concerning Nacer Bouhanni

Mar 29, 2021, 11:45 AM

The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) firmly condemns the dangerous conduct of the rider Nacer Bouhanni (Team Arkea-Samsic), who pushed Jake Stewart (Groupama-FDJ) into the barriers during the final sprint of the Cholet-Pays de la Loire (a Class 1.1 UCI Europe Tour event) in France on Sunday.

Bouhanni was disqualified by the UCI Commissaires’ Panel based on TV images.

The UCI has decided to refer the incident to its Disciplinary Commission and demand the imposition of sanctions that are appropriate to the seriousness of this intended action.

added intent, in bold.

Groenewegen's suspension was questionable, but if that's the precedent, then the same MUST follow here. sure, there was no horrible outcome here, but the penalty that follows must be as if there was. my 2c on this.

additionally, Bouhanni has a history in incidents like this and I feel it's imperative the UCI bring that into deliberations on further outcomes. unless they think socks are more important.

I'm pretty certain that the Cofidis DS is happier now though...

Groenewegen's suspension was deserved. So will Bouhanni's given the information Gen shared.

"With the team, I've decided to take a period of rest because things aren't going well at all. Things haven't been going well for several weeks now. We've taken the time to analyse everything we could, and the best explanation is a lack of mental and physical freshness..."

PhilGil

"With the team, I've decided to take a period of rest because things aren't going well at all. Things haven't been going well for several weeks now. We've taken the time to analyse everything we could, and the best explanation is a lack of mental and physical freshness..."

PhilGil

Good man. Self-care. So important in all aspects of life, not matter the stage we play on. Nothing is more important.

What a day..! Very happy to take the win @GentWevelgem after a very hard race. When we heard Wout had won we were extra motivated to give that extra push for the double.

Thanks for the work & confidence @JumboVismaWomen.

#samenwinnen

@marianne_vos

Better barriers than at the Tour of Poland...?

I said it a bit in jest, but also, he was clearly able to ride the barriers without them giving way.

Things seem to be improving. Check the first 2 minutes of the Racing news show: