The Classics

'Dale

He was sick the week before his final Rainbow jersey win in Bergen, and he spent the week prior at home. Maybe history repeats itself.

And remember he had to abandon the Vuelta after that moto rode him off the road...a few weeks later BAM Richmond.. his first world champs win.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And remember he had to abandon the Vuelta after that moto rode him off the road...a few weeks later BAM Richmond.. his first world champs win.

Clearly I wasn’t paying attention in class, at least not for his first WC win.

GvA irritates me. At one stage they were chasing hard and he was 2nd in line, oke in the front pulls over and flicks the elbow. GvA just decides to pull out a gel and pretends to eat and the momentum was gone BUT I am glad Dylan won, that was an amazing ride to hold off a decent field. So it was good that he pulls moves like that but it still irritates me.

Then last night I see an article praising him saying he is in good form.

GvA irritates me. At one stage they were chasing hard and he was 2nd in line, oke in the front pulls over and flicks the elbow. GvA just decides to pull out a gel and pretends to eat and the momentum was gone BUT I am glad Dylan won, that was an amazing ride to hold off a decent field. So it was good that he pulls moves like that but it still irritates me.

Then last night I see an article praising him saying he is in good form.

I feel a bit for GvA.  He tried his level best to get away on one of the climbs yesterday.  Lasted for only a few seconds.  A few years back he was much, much stronger relative to the avg guy in the bunch.

Now he is the avg guy in the bunch.  MANY, MANY riders much stronger than him.  

I see RvV live on SS206 from 09h55 Sunday morning.Showing the whole race live!!

I think that's their bid to keep people at home in front of the telly instead of at the race.

"I feel good, I'm just not at my best. I'm chasing my rivals' tails and my own fitness. I started training on January 15 and I've done what I can but I'm racing the Classics with 2400km in my legs and 80 hours in the saddle less than I usually do. That's a handicap..."

- Bettiol, former RvV winner, after recovering from a bout of chronic ulcerative colitis  :nuke:

Please educate me, why is that?  I'm no roadie and know stuff-all about road bikes, but what is wrong vir Cervelo (or WvA's Cervelo)?

Why did your mechanic say that?

Because he is an Italian bike fan and hates working on Cervelo. People in Canada buy Cervelo cause they are cheap, end of story. 

GCN+ just announced That Paris Roubaix will be postponed.

Worst kept secret, but wasn't official until today.

Should see some great racing at Tour of Flanders on Sunday.Looks like it’ll be a wet race and no P-R to worry about.

“Concerning Jake Stewart, he is young and he will do other sprints - for a long time, I hope. If he really saw his life flash like he said in that interview, I would advise him to give up sprinting. Everyone knows there are risks, unfortunately. This is not the Care Bears; sometimes there are crashes, but that’s part of cycling.” - Nacer Bouhanni

Sauce: CyclingNews

“Concerning Jake Stewart, he is young and he will do other sprints - for a long time, I hope. If he really saw his life flash like he said in that interview, I would advise him to give up sprinting. Everyone knows there are risks, unfortunately. This is not the Care Bears; sometimes there are crashes, but that’s part of cycling.” - Nacer Bouhanni

Sauce: CyclingNews

hahahaha That's like Bakkies punching someone then saying 'if he doesn't like it he should quit rugby. That's part of the game'.....

That sort of behaviour should not be part of cycling, much like punching does not belong on any field. Showing zero remorse is problematic. Ban him, tear up his contract and get rid of the scum before he really does do someone harm.

Allowing someone with his history and temperament to continue to compete in sprints is negligent. 

hahahaha That's like Bakkies punching someone then saying 'if he doesn't like it he should quit rugby. That's part of the game'.....

That sort of behaviour should not be part of cycling, much like punching does not belong on any field. Showing zero remorse is problematic. Ban him, tear up his contract and get rid of the scum before he really does do someone harm.

Allowing someone with his history and temperament to continue to compete in sprints is negligent.

The difference between Bakkies and Nacer is that people actually liked Bakkies as a player despite his penchant towards being a bit of a delinquent thug on the field. Pretty sure most cycling fans consider Nacer to be nothing than a prize chop. As I have stated before I am hoping he gets a lengthy suspension for his actions, and now his statements too.

Sunday afternoon cleared. Race previews studied. Bring it on, RvV. ????

???? ???? ???? ????

There's a race on? Tell us more

Here’s what GCN say, but there are routes showing on other website; unless they assume the route is the one showing on their websites:

eb5730e18fd4d026aad07a73800e9708.jpg