The Classics

'Dale

Uhm 

Some rain has already fallen and winds from the southwest are expected to blow rain showers across northern France at the weekend, meaning tailwinds and even some crosswinds are possible, adding an extra dimension of difficulty to the race. 

Sauce: CyclingNews

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Volunteers from Les Amis de Paris-Roubaix and students from a local horticultural school were out removing the grass from the central section of several sectors on Tuesday. On Monday, a mechanical brusher swept the Arenberg Forest cobbles to remove the moss that grows between the cobbles in the shadows of the trees.

The cobbles haven’t been raced on for 900 days and so they were very green, with weeds everywhere; so we’ve had to do a big clean-up along the route,” Gouvenou told local French media after his reconnaissance

On 9/28/2021 at 9:12 PM, 'Dale said:

Uhm 

Some rain has already fallen and winds from the southwest are expected to blow rain showers across northern France at the weekend, meaning tailwinds and even some crosswinds are possible, adding an extra dimension of difficulty to the race. 

Sauce: CyclingNews

Gonna be epic....lekker

Feel bad for the guys that are inevitably going to fall in these conditions, but at least it is at the tail-end of the season...

My money is on WvA being out-marked and someone else getting away on a 40km solo run-in. Maybe Jasper Stuyven.

55 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Feel bad for the guys that are inevitably going to fall in these conditions, but at least it is at the tail-end of the season...

My money is on WvA being out-marked and someone else getting away on a 40km solo run-in. Maybe Jasper Stuyven.

ya, i think the peleton are wise to him as well now... 

While everyone's looking at WvA and MVDP, the Alpecin jersey of Dillier may get away and win this time...? Or perhaps a Qubeka Nexthash rider so they get a leg-up for next year? Michael Gogl maybe?

Maybe a stupid question to the roadies, wouldn't a (light) gravel bike make more sense for Paris-Roubaix, or will the detriment be to much on the tar/smooth sections?

26 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Maybe a stupid question to the roadies, wouldn't a (light) gravel bike make more sense for Paris-Roubaix, or will the detriment be to much on the tar/smooth sections?

The geometry is too slack for high speed road racing. A cyclocross bike would probably be better than a gravel bike but not as good as a modified road bike. The vast majority of the course is still tarmac (around 50kmm of cobbles in 257km of racing).