Upside's innovative design brings versatility to bike carriers

News bot

Quite handy if you are hiring a car, just need to ensure it has a roof rack.  Then can arrive on a flight with your bike and be able to transport it no hassle as you can have the "upside" as part of your luggage!!

Innovative my arse...this was done in the 70's...

Exactly.  We had a Thule one in the mid 80's.  Fair bit of force on the stem and handlebars in a crosswind driving at 120 kph.

Hydraulic brakes upside down for an extended period of time, not sure that's the greatest idea. Air bubbles will collect / move to the caliper versus the reservoir.

Nothing wrong with that. Used to carry my bike upside down, hang it from its front & back wheels and do all sorts of things to it. No issue re brakes and suspension, regardless of what some people will say.

Re the brakes - just bleed them properly and avoid getting air in the system altogether. 

No man, even right away around bike racks on the roof are ****.

Why oh why???

Even when I had a sportscar that couldn't have a towbar, I at least used a clip on rack.  But why on the roof?  It looks (insert Cape flats P word here).