Attakwas 2017

Wil6

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome race.

Was my first race ever..just came back from working abroad..jumped on my 26 er..rode with a sleefless vest and i kakked all the way..

In the years that followed i did a few prerides every dec and that helped me a lot

Rode it 2 years ago on my ss and it was a humbling experience..this year im in the same boat as my first one

I will have 2 weeks before the race to do some leg stretching..then nr 5

Me and my wife rode nr 1 together..

This year we will be riding our 5th together.

Good luck to all other riders

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna be seeing lots of entries soon..an for cheap-cheap

My main consern is i wont be able to train..sice begin of Nov allready till 4 Jan

So do i take my Santa crux hartail racing bike..super light

Or my Spez stumpy with all the nice suspensiom..but heavy bike.

Or my trusty ss and make it just a day outing?

Choices?

oh no, why you not riding ?

I have not had the time to put into the saddle and last week i got bronchitis and sinusitis so i am not a happy chappy

I'm riding a single chainring. will it be ok to ride with a 38t chainring or will i need a smaller one?

Thanks

I'm riding a single chainring. will it be ok to ride with a 38t chainring or will i need a smaller one?

Thanks

If you have Eagle 10-50 cassette or your surname is Kulhavy you'll be ok with 38T ring. 

Thanks

Dr Phil prescribes some HTFU pills, and an extra helping of STFU for if the cement pills are not strong enough.

In short, you'll do some climbing, so fit a gear you'll be happy to turn when you are in the pain cave.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are hotting up for the Attakwas, Dryland and us just signed a contract for the race to still finish at Pine Creek Caravan Park till 2020. Dryland guys are meeting with us on Sunday to have another look at the park to plan the finish line etc for this year. Hope to meet more hubbers this year at the event. Remember to book for camping either before and or after the race at Pine Creek Caravan Park, 0446202434.

Edited by BSG

Dryland guys were here again this morning, started to plan and mark out the finish area.

Things are hotting up for the Attakwas, Dryland and us just signed a contract for the race to still finish at Pine Creek Caravan Park till 2020. Dryland guys are meeting with us on Sunday to have another look at the park to plan the finish line etc for this year. Hope to meet more hubbers this year at the event. Remember to book for camping either before and or after the race at Pine Creek Caravan Park, 0446202434.

We called to book and the receptionist informed us that they dont do bookings for camping, first come first serve.

We have got more than enough space, I will tell her that if you or anyone else phones to take your details and numbers and make sure that everyone will have a spot.

We called to book and the receptionist informed us that they dont do bookings for camping, first come first serve.

Sorted, just give details amount of people and you will get booked. Just remember that all payments needs to be cash, unfortunately no card facilities available. See you in almost 2 weeks time.