Introducing the Newlands Forest to Constantia Nek mountain bike trail

Bike Hub Features

awesome stuff, will be incorporating this into a commute  - great to see Meurant checking his strava times already!

sorry - codeine coming home to roost.

No night riding allowed on TMNP land. Doesn't stop people doing it, though. 

that's not fully correct is it?

- deer park et al can have night riding?

- tokai forest will have to old nightriding rules?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result. Thanks PPA and TMNP and all other parties involved. Cant wait to ride these shortly!

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Itching to get back into SA and hit this.  Been doing Greenbelt loop twice a week, will be nice to cross the road at the old jumps at the top of Southern Cross Drive and ride all the way to Rhodes Mem for a cup of tea and then back home to Tokai.

Which parts need an Activity Card?   Same boat as others, will not renew until the c*nts holding back the opening of Tokai, well, open Tokai.

awesome stuff, will be incorporating this into a commute  - great to see Meurant checking his strava times already!

that's not fully correct is it?

- deer park et al can have night riding?

- tokai forest will have to old nightriding rules?

Bugger. 

I'm going home. 

Don't piss off the manicured doggies and their owners now

I was walking my dog there recently and a woman with four dogs (too many for her to control) threatened me with a tazer because my one wanted to sniff her ones. People!

I was walking my dog there recently and a woman with four dogs (too many for her to control) threatened me with a tazer because my one wanted to sniff her ones. People!

That's how furballs greet

Wtf ????

She knew you were a dentist, there can be no other reason.

We are planning on riding this trail this coming weekend.

Is a permit needed, and if so, where do we get it?

You need a permit for any of the bits that go through TMNP land, so essentially yes if you want to do a reasonable distance.

Given the eye watering price of day permits if you intend doing this a few times I would get an annual activity permit.

I always found the easiest place to get the permit is Tokai but they are closed on weekends.

Copy and paste from another thread - 

Purchasing of activity permits can be done on weekdays at the Tokai Wildcard Sales Offices, while Cape Town Tourism Offices located at Kirstenbosch, Simonstown, the Airport and the centre of town offer other alternatives to purchase the Activity Permit (these sites are open on weekends too).

Daily Mtbike permit rate......R75 for the day 

Daily permits available 7 days of the week..Tokai ,Kirstenbosch ,Silvermine and (city )TB..cnr Berg and Castle

The Activity permit fees have increased to R500 PP/PA....but there is a alternative option

So Although the Primary member costs R500 PP you can have up to 3 Additional members @ (R215.00)pp 

(they don't have to be family members)

# So if you get 3 other riders as additional members they only pay R215pp 

... split/share the total cost by 4 and you can get your permit for R286.25 PP/PA

You don't have to all go in as a group one person can do all the paperwork 

The main member obviously takes his ID...and the other 3 if they are physically going to the offices.

1. So you will require 2x passport sized photos...

2. a certified copy of their ID's

3. the form below completed and signed.

http://www.capetowngreenmap.co.za/blog/get-your-table-mountain-national-park-activity-card

or

https://www.sanparks.org/…/parks…/myactivity_permit_form.pdf

Ok you can ride from Signal hill to Silvermine ...But looking at average day riding .

The price of the permit equates to 4 rides at daily rate of R75 

Less than 12 Craft beers or a meal for 2 at the Spur

Tokai trail ride

newlands forest ride

Deer path

Silvermine............and its paid for 

Add 30 bucks for the year and you can add the Vlakkenberg loop to your Newlands ride.

http://www.bikehub.c...tb-trails-r5726

Edited by HowardSteele

Thanks Howard :thumbup: . Was looking for this post from Facebook, glad you knew where to find it.. it was yours after-all . ;)