Esterhuizen and Schoeman clinch Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour victory

News bot

Team Giant’s Bernard Esterhuizen took the win at the Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour this morning in idyllic racing conditions, finishing the 97km route in 02:21:11, pipping Brandon Christians (Alpha Body Works) and Graeme Ockhuis (Yorkshire) to the post, who finished in second and third respectively.

Click here to view the article

Something wrong here:

As the final premier seeding event for the 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour, over five thousand cyclists lined up to participate in the second biggest road race in the Western Cape.

The results show only 4111 riders finished. I somehow doubt that there were about 900 non-finishers.

Quite a few entered and did not even make it to the start line as well, I for one have 3 friends who bailed on the day

Something wrong here:

The results show only 4111 riders finished. I somehow doubt that there were about 900 non-finishers.

Or 900 odd who did not bother to put their timing chips on. Quite normal really, particularly if you are only out on a joy ride with your better half / friends for the day opposed to "racing" it.